Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    my question is¨
    I´ve applied as a migrant worker in order to get the student finance and the maintenance loan. I ´ve sent them all the evidence and my paylist from September. I am still waiting for my first payment even in my account says that is on schedule.
    The issue is that I am going to leave my job because I cannot combine it with my timetable from the University. I am going to look for a part time instead of a full time that I´ve doing until now. The question is how long can I be without working until the student finance asks me again for the paylist from December. Should I notice them that I left my job or should I wait until I´ve got another job?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crissortetes)
    hi,
    my question is¨
    I´ve applied as a migrant worker in order to get the student finance and the maintenance loan. I ´ve sent them all the evidence and my paylist from September. I am still waiting for my first payment even in my account says that is on schedule.
    The issue is that I am going to leave my job because I cannot combine it with my timetable from the University. I am going to look for a part time instead of a full time that I´ve doing until now. The question is how long can I be without working until the student finance asks me again for the paylist from December. Should I notice them that I left my job or should I wait until I´ve got another job?
    Hi crissortetes,

If you end your employment voluntarily you will automatically lose your status as a migrant worker.

We will require a copy of your P45; this will allow us to pro rata the funding entitlement for maintenance support from the start of the academic year up until the date you left employment.

If you change employers part way through the academic year you must notify us straight away.

We will require a copy of your P45 from your previous employer or a letter from previous employer confirming the employment end date.

From the new employer we will need a copy of your contract of employment and a letter from your employer confirming that the contract accurately represents the hours and terms on which you work with any available payslips from the new employer.

I can appreciate it may not be possible to continue in full time employment until a part time opportunity is available but if you can move from one job to another rather than leave voluntarily it would mean you won't lose the right to funding.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thank you for your answer.
    Another question if I stay in my actual job but instead of working full time I just work 22 houres I would lose my status as a Migrant worker?????
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crissortetes)
    Hi, thank you for your answer.
    Another question if I stay in my actual job but instead of working full time I just work 22 houres I would lose my status as a Migrant worker?????
    Hi crissortetes,

No, you wouldn't automatically lose your status if you change the amount of hours you work. As long as you can show continued employment and that you are earning at an acceptable level you would retain the status.

Thanks,

Stuart

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.