Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im 16 and this is my GCSE year, and its safe to say that I'm screwed. For the last two years or so I've been suffering from depression and anxiety and have kept quiet about it, telling nobody at all. I know that this has effected my learning and studying as well as every other aspect of my life. Shutting myself in my bedroom the last couple of years has led to me developing a video game addiction. As you can imagine, this takes time away from everything else, and I've reached the point where I can no longer go 10 minutes at home without some sort of device, whether it be my PS4, iPad or DS. This has also led to sleep deprivation, which I have also kept quiet about. For the past 2 years I've probably averaged about 5 hours of sleep per night, with many all-nighters thrown in there. Now I find it extremely hard to focus on anything at school, and revision at home does nothing for me, as I'm too tired to properley concentrate. I used to be an A* student, but my test scores keep on declining because of my problems, so I cheat and change my answers so they are better. I know I shouldn't do this, but its the only way to keep people from noticing my declining mental state. And as such, when I open my results from my GCSEs, I know that I'm going to fail and be mocked for it, while also destroying my future. I realise that I've rambled a bit, so I'll get to the question. How am I supposed to do well on my GCSEs with all of this happening?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I wasn't sure whether to put this in the GCSE topic or everyday issues, so I just picked this one.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScriptedBacon)
    Im 16 and this is my GCSE year, and its safe to say that I'm screwed. For the last two years or so I've been suffering from depression and anxiety and have kept quiet about it, telling nobody at all. I know that this has effected my learning and studying as well as every other aspect of my life. Shutting myself in my bedroom the last couple of years has led to me developing a video game addiction. As you can imagine, this takes time away from everything else, and I've reached the point where I can no longer go 10 minutes at home without some sort of device, whether it be my PS4, iPad or DS. This has also led to sleep deprivation, which I have also kept quiet about. For the past 2 years I've probably averaged about 5 hours of sleep per night, with many all-nighters thrown in there. Now I find it extremely hard to focus on anything at school, and revision at home does nothing for me, as I'm too tired to properley concentrate. I used to be an A* student, but my test scores keep on declining because of my problems, so I cheat and change my answers so they are better. I know I shouldn't do this, but its the only way to keep people from noticing my declining mental state. And as such, when I open my results from my GCSEs, I know that I'm going to fail and be mocked for it, while also destroying my future. I realise that I've rambled a bit, so I'll get to the question. How am I supposed to do well on my GCSEs with all of this happening?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I wasn't sure whether to put this in the GCSE topic or everyday issues, so I just picked this one.
    See a doctor.

Stop staying up all night.

Concentrate more on your academics.

ReputationRep:
    tell your parents and/or get professional help
    it sounds serious the sooner you get help the better.
    health>grades

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.