Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Recently I've been exhausted all the time, no matter if I sleep well (which usually I do not) I'm constantly exhausted. I've been super disorientated as well over the last few days and have a complete lack of coordination, to the point where people at work have noticed it and commented - I've dropped things, knocked things over, and generally not been with it.

I've also been getting intermittent chest pains that come and go throughout the day, that are constant when they're there (if that makes sense) and been feeling lightheaded a lot too.

I just generally feel really weak, like I'm gonna pass out or something and concentrating on any kind of work is impossible. I've got so much I need to do - maths a level, things I'm doing for friends, practicing the piano but I can't seem to do any of them. None of the maths makes sense, my hands don't coordinate together to play the piano etc etc.

I have been previously diagnosed with atypical anorexia - could this just be physical symptoms of struggling a lot more at the moment? Intake hasn't been great, but idk - I feel like I've been a lot better previously even when eating less? I'm having a blood test this week anyway, and terrified doesn't cut it because I'm scared they'll find things out that I don't want anyone to know 😫
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Also, I've been waking up 2 or 3 times a night with the most horrendous leg cramps I've ever experienced - they're making me cry and stopping me from sleeping at times because of pain.
angrypoliceman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
things like what?
since it sounds like you're already seeing the doctor make sure you're keeping up with the basics.
are you eating well, drinking lots of water, exercise?
USUALLY the problem isn't serious if that makes you feel better-hopefully it isn't
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Recently I've been exhausted all the time, no matter if I sleep well (which usually I do not) I'm constantly exhausted. I've been super disorientated as well over the last few days and have a complete lack of coordination, to the point where people at work have noticed it and commented - I've dropped things, knocked things over, and generally not been with it.

I've also been getting intermittent chest pains that come and go throughout the day, that are constant when they're there (if that makes sense) and been feeling lightheaded a lot too.

I just generally feel really weak, like I'm gonna pass out or something and concentrating on any kind of work is impossible. I've got so much I need to do - maths a level, things I'm doing for friends, practicing the piano but I can't seem to do any of them. None of the maths makes sense, my hands don't coordinate together to play the piano etc etc.

I have been previously diagnosed with atypical anorexia - could this just be physical symptoms of struggling a lot more at the moment? Intake hasn't been great, but idk - I feel like I've been a lot better previously even when eating less? I'm having a blood test this week anyway, and terrified doesn't cut it because I'm scared they'll find things out that I don't want anyone to know 😫
Sounds like you've already seen your doc and are waiting for tests so just keep waiting. You're getting tests done so there's no point worrying before then.
If you haven't seen your doctor about this yet and those tests are just your normal check-up then go see your doc about this.

Do you mind if I ask what you mean by that last bit? What sort of things are you worried about them finding out and why? Do remember that doctors are there to help you not judge you and that anything they do find out or that you tell them is confidential.

edit: I just realised I read anemia when you said anorexia. I'm assuming that's what you don't want people to know about?
I know it's hard to talk about things like this and even harder to overcome them, but it sounds like you need a bit of support. If you aren't eating a lot at the moment that could at the very least be contributing to the issues you are having and your doctor needs to know that if they're going to be able to help you. They can't help you as well if they don't know everything.
All of your symptoms apart from the leg cramping are ones I would expect from not eating enough so I expect your anorexia/ not eating well at the moment is the issue here. I sounds like you've made progress with it before so hold onto that strength and remember how amazing you are. Be honest with your doctor and they can help you with it.
You may also be able to get some support/ leeway even with a pretty vague note from your doctor that doesn't go into detail about what your issues are.

The leg cramping is something I would be sure to mention since it seems less obviously connected. They can let you know what's up with that.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

This really sounds related to your anorexia.

You need to be honest with the doctor if you want things to get better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (46)
65.71%
No I haven't decided yet (16)
22.86%
Yes but I might change my mind (8)
11.43%

Watched Threads