Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i have just started at university , and i am finding it okay... i have been feeling homesick like everyone has done but have managed to settle in and make plenty of friends quite quickly. However I am finding it so difficult because of the way i feel in myself, when i walk around i feel like everyone is looking at me thinking i am so unattractive and fat, and i just don't know how to tackle this issue. i know everywhere i go someone will find me attractive and some won't, but this doesn't stop my irrational thinking... i find myself constantly seeing if anyone is staring at me and if they are immediately I'm like its because you look rubbish... any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!! thank you so much xx

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you need to tackle this problem at the source.

Why is it you think you're unattractive and fat? And then if you can work on those issues, then try to change for the better. Start doing more exercise, maybe change your diet, your hairstyle or clothing to something that makes you feel more comfortable and attractive in your own skin.

I understand not feeling attractive, and to an extent there are things you can't change. But if you're unhappy in yourself, there is no sense in leaving things the way they are. Working on changing the things you don't like.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.