Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    It depends on Camebridge University policy and whether they want to investigate the matter further. They have plenty of resources and money to do so. Plus, all universities don’t like cheaters so I’m pretty sure they will want to look into it.

I’m not too sure, but can you track IP address by username? You can track where the post was made from which will narrow it down much more.

At the end of the day, one day eventually OP will she what deserves. Earning from a fake masters.
    You have a lot of faith, and that is a good thing. Reality is, universities are a business, and no, the degree is not fake, its real. It wasn't earned honestly yes, but no one can check the degree and find it fake. I went to the graduation and all that. Just didn't put in the effort. And, I'm not the only one that has done this at elite universities. Some call it outsourcing research", I am just not using fancy words. I posted here so others that may think its ok get a wake up call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    It sounds like your boyfriend is trying to blackmail you.
    No, he's just on this "correct my mistakes" trip. Suddenly his conscience is taking him to weird places. He wanted me to voluntarily return the degree or not use it. I'm too far down the road for that now. I doubt that he will report it, but he doesn't feel good about what he did. Maybe because he has kids of his own that will be ready for college in a year or two, and they work hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I'm not sure I believe every word in the OP, but if a troll, it's quite a well worked out one.

If true, OP managed to get through interview and notwithstanding some material assistance at key points, continued and evidently did well on the course. It's hard to interpret this as anything other than a successful partial gaming of the Cambridge entrance system and points to continued success on the part of OP in the exciting world of management consulting, where I'm sure her particular skillset will gain maximum rewards.
    On the button. I didn't see it as cheating. I see the current state of the education system as a game. And I played it. We create this elitist culture, when someone from an ordinary school would do just as well. Other than those in the research stream at elite universities, there isn't much to gain in terms of knowledge. Yes, you learn a process but you could learn that on google just as well. The universities use the funds from students, particularly international students, to fund their enterprise and create capacity in their own countries. Those that provide clear value are offered to stay, those that might, are asked to leave. Its all a game and we have to play it .. (this was the V for Vendetta part of this post)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    How is not being anonymous make a difference? We don't know who the OP really is or their real name.
    "Oi Cambridge, do you remember aminntrouble who was 'ere a few years ago?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiintrouble)
    I'm not happy or sad. Its something I did. The reason for posting on here is so others may learn a lesson. Its very tempting when you're not doing well even when you're trying and someone offers to help "out of the goodness of their heart" ... there may be case where the diploma mills, for the right incentive may give away the papers they've authored too. Yes, I cheated and its something I will have to deal with.
    No one needs to learn that lesson. If you're mature enough to do a Masters, you should be mature enough to do the work yourself. Yeah, you can ask for help but what's the point in letting someone else do all the work for you? It's just a waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulbarlow)
    people do get jailed for using a fake degree to get work. im only aware of this in nursing and medicine. but im sure it applies across all sectors. the case ive heard about the nhs claims all the wages paid back. the person gets made to pay it all back and did jail time. if i remember rightly they even lost a home.

your obviously not entitled to the masters so every act that you have used it for is an act of misrepresentation. another criminal offence.

Cambridge itself could call the police. they would revoke your masters. you admit you committed at least 5 acts of fraud including having another do an entry test. if this is true its and they find out they would have no choice but to go after you.
    all you can dois hope he has no proof copies of the fake essays reciepts for essays bought emails ect. if not your pretty safe. if he does and sends them your going to be done because its so blatant. one essay they may not bother with but nearly a full masters nope. if your employer finds out your sacked and then your chance of court goes up a lot.
    I agree with you up to the Cambridge will call the police part. The contract with the university is this, you sign a code of conduct. It is the University's job to catch me, its why they have ëxams and papers to try and see if you're good enough to earn that prestigious credential. They couldn't catch me, their system is flawed. The ease with which I got away with things, I'm certain most of my classmates did the same. We come from wealthy families, paying 200 pounds for outsourcing the work isn't too much. Overall, outsourcing the entire masters coursework to a good writer would cost 2000 pounds, and the person working for you probably has a phd (yes, probably earned dishonestly as well or just someone not being able to compete with the phds from the likes of Cambridge and is having a hard time.). How much is the fee for a master's course again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    No one needs to learn that lesson. If you're mature enough to do a Masters, you should be mature enough to do the work yourself. Yeah, you can ask for help but what's the point in letting someone else do all the work for you? It's just a waste of money.
    Thanks for replying, coming from a developing country, waste of money would be not getting that degree. It costs a lot to study at Cambridge and for international students, the cost is three times as much because of accommodation and other expenses. So no, failure is not an option and any international student would resort to getting help because if you're falling behind, the universities don't exactly go out of their way to help you understand where you're going wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths_geek234)
    LOL, funnily enough I don't give a **** about you either, up until the point when you think it's okay to quite literally destroy someone's life, and i am in no way defending her, I myself said she had done a terrible thing and do not condone her actions.

I think personally your just jealous because your actions are despicable as a human being, she was clever enough to get into Cambridge, you carry on with whatever degree your doing because like you said 'Karma is a *****' and trust me later on in your life you'll end up in a worse situation so actually OP and I and every person on this thread who has had something decent to say in regards to this matter will be laughing at you then
    You don’t care about me, yet you wrote two huge paragraphs which I can’t be bothered to read. I have better things to do with my time.

Good bye

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying, coming from a developing country, waste of money would be not getting that degree. It costs a lot to study at Cambridge and for international students, the cost is three times as much because of accommodation and other expenses. So no, failure is not an option and any international student would resort to getting help because if you're falling behind, the universities don't exactly go out of their way to help you understand where you're going wrong.
    So your excuse is, you’re a international student so you needed to “cheat” to achieve a masters from Cambridge University?

How pathetic.

You achieve the grade you deserve based on your hard word, not nationality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Err, she gets to represent to the world that she has a master's degree from Cambridge, and this probably helped her secure the job she claims to have in a large company?

I'm sorry but the idea that it's as bad to report someone for running a scam as it is to run the scam in the first place is just bizarre.
    Yes, represent to the world and pick up a 5 figure (us $) salary, and get immigration clearance real easy. Beats minimum wage in my own country where I'd be struggling. Actually, beats minimum wage even in the US which is where I moved to. And I work for one of the best companies in the world. So yes, I do benefit in real ways.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I am just not using fancy words. I posted here so others that may think its ok get a wake up call.
    Graduates from Cambridge. Still uses wrong form of "it's" :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahagr8stuff)
    he probs won't do it tbh. if he does bring it up, just say he is lying and the emails are fake or u didnt actually use his essays.
    Thats the tough part, he emailed me the essays .. I submitted them, so yes, technically the ghost writing services may not have the material but he has them in his sent items for sure. And a lot of things he was helping me with, was his own ideas and thoughts. He used writers to understand context but redrafted them before sending them to me. He was good. I would refine it and submit. He is a brilliant man no doubt, someone that studied at a no name university in some third world country and was able to respond to masters assignments at Cambridge university without attending a single class and I scored 76 on some assignments.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Boggles my mind man...No wonder she got her ex to do the essays for her😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneiropólos)
    Dont do the crime if you can't do the time you fraud.
    Why does anyone think there's jail time? I mean just google, president of Hungary? there's a lot of shame. Not much else if you're found out. People talk about law suits, who would want to sue me? and for what? my worn out pair of shoes?

ReputationRep:
    That's just being trump. You missed the point.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why does anyone think there's jail time? I mean just google, president of Hungary? there's a lot of shame. Not much else if you're found out. People talk about law suits, who would want to sue me? and for what? my worn out pair of shoes?
    You won't go to jail but you could lose your job if they found out. Which I hope they won't tbh. Not saying what you did was right, but if Cambridge was stupid enough not to detect it, then good on you lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    You don’t care about me, yet you wrote two huge paragraphs which I can’t be bothered to read. I have better things to do with my time.

Good bye
    LOL well i get to have the last word, and the 1st paragraph was not 'huge' you illiterate prick and maybe if your brain wasn't the size of your so called ego you wouldn't be getting jealous over someone going to a better uni than you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    So your excuse is, you’re a international student so you needed to “cheat” to achieve a masters from Cambridge University?

How pathetic.

You achieve the grade you deserve based on your hard word, not nationality.
    Are you in the 8th Grade?

ReputationRep:
    Boggles my mind man...No wonder she got her ex to do the essays for her😂
    I have no idea how people like that get into Cambridge

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.