I'm terrified to start uni next year.

Watch
littlenicky
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in my final year of college and now as a part of my course I'm looking at universities. I've applied for two open evenings but I'm scared ****less for actually starting uni and its under a year away! I have a boyfriend of over 2 years and he is very supportive and wants me to go uni but I'm scared of moving so far away from him and loosing distance. I'm also scared of being on my own and having no money and genuinely worried that I'm too thick to even attend uni. I've wanted to go for 3 years now but as the time is near I'm now worried and completely lost in what to do. any advice?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
University is a big step, so it is normal to feel this way. Your parents and teachers support you, so you must be bright to apply for uni! Make sure you get lots of information so you manage to get to the right courses at the right unis for you. Your boyfriend is also loving and supportive, and it is easy with technology to keep in touch. You could also meet up or visit each other on a free weekend. When you go to university, you will learn to be more independent, it is a little like living on your own in the real world (cooking, own laundry, bills, rent) whilst also in the uni bubble too. Have your parents teach you some life skills or basic recipes, and you can set a budget to help manage your money. If you have problems, there are people to talk to so you won't be alone.

Go for it! You will find university to be a great experience!
Nerysrose
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by littlenicky)
I'm in my final year of college and now as a part of my course I'm looking at universities. I've applied for two open evenings but I'm scared ****less for actually starting uni and its under a year away! I have a boyfriend of over 2 years and he is very supportive and wants me to go uni but I'm scared of moving so far away from him and loosing distance. I'm also scared of being on my own and having no money and genuinely worried that I'm too thick to even attend uni. I've wanted to go for 3 years now but as the time is near I'm now worried and completely lost in what to do. any advice?
hi littlenicky, I am also scared ****less about uni this year and was wondering if you could tell me how it went?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nerysrose)
hi littlenicky, I am also scared ****less about uni this year and was wondering if you could tell me how it went?
They didn't make the grades unfortunately. They ended up working at Tesco and later became a hairdresser.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
p.s. well done to whichever TSR mod put a 2 year old thread on 'Today on TSR', you've mugged yourselves off lmao
TheTroll73
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
p.s. well done to whichever TSR mod put a 2 year old thread on 'Today on TSR', you've mugged yourselves off lmao
:^)
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nerysrose)
2 years later, id be surprised if you get a reply.

Everyone has anxiety about going to uni, its normal. If you have any more questions let me know.

But its one of the best experience of your life and teaches you not just stuff related to your course, but how to be independent etc. its a bit like being an adult but with safety wheels on for 3 years. I dont imagine the anxiety will go away until you actually arrive at uni, but perhaps try and distract yourself thinking of all the exciting opportunities uni brings.
Mustafa0605
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Uni is just like college
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads