Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my final year of college and now as a part of my course I'm looking at universities. I've applied for two open evenings but I'm scared shitless for actually starting uni and its under a year away! I have a boyfriend of over 2 years and he is very supportive and wants me to go uni but I'm scared of moving so far away from him and loosing distance. I'm also scared of being on my own and having no money and genuinely worried that I'm too thick to even attend uni. I've wanted to go for 3 years now but as the time is near I'm now worried and completely lost in what to do. any advice?

ReputationRep:
    University is a big step, so it is normal to feel this way. Your parents and teachers support you, so you must be bright to apply for uni! Make sure you get lots of information so you manage to get to the right courses at the right unis for you. Your boyfriend is also loving and supportive, and it is easy with technology to keep in touch. You could also meet up or visit each other on a free weekend. When you go to university, you will learn to be more independent, it is a little like living on your own in the real world (cooking, own laundry, bills, rent) whilst also in the uni bubble too. Have your parents teach you some life skills or basic recipes, and you can set a budget to help manage your money. If you have problems, there are people to talk to so you won't be alone.

Go for it! You will find university to be a great experience!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.