Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have applied for a loan on 01/05/2017 as it says at the bottom of the student finance page, I have sent them many papers/evidence they have asked me since that day till present/today and my loan still haven't been accepted, At the beginning of September I did send them papers about my course change with all needed information about my new course , as I decided to do different course at Uni. Since then I haven't got any letter or e-mail from them.
    Also another question is that I did found out that I can get a grants, but I am not sure which form i have to fill in. My mum is single with two kids(me and little sister) and house benefits said that I could get grants for sure, but i am not sure how to apply for it.
    Thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hidexal)
    Hi,
    I have applied for a loan on 01/05/2017 as it says at the bottom of the student finance page, I have sent them many papers/evidence they have asked me since that day till present/today and my loan still haven't been accepted, At the beginning of September I did send them papers about my course change with all needed information about my new course , as I decided to do different course at Uni. Since then I haven't got any letter or e-mail from them.
    Also another question is that I did found out that I can get a grants, but I am not sure which form i have to fill in. My mum is single with two kids(me and little sister) and house benefits said that I could get grants for sure, but i am not sure how to apply for it.
    Thank you!
    Hi hidexal,

As we don't have access to accounts here I have a few questions for you about your application and evidence you may have sent.

What papers/evidence have you been sending? Other than the change of course details when was the last time you sent this evidence?

With regards to the grants - when did you start your course?

Thanks,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi hidexal,

As we don't have access to accounts here I have a few questions for you about your application and evidence you may have sent.

What papers/evidence have you been sending? Other than the change of course details when was the last time you sent this evidence?

With regards to the grants - when did you start your course?

Thanks,

Stuart
    Hi Stuart,
    I did send evidence of my address and that at the beginning of September and then I did send course change papers few days after that. Before that I did send a lot other evidence of my address which wasn't right for them, so I kept sending them all I could get and then I got letter that its being reviewed but it doesn't seem like anything is happening, shall i give a call or speak with someone at university who can help me with it ?
    About the grants - I started my course on 25th September and my mum recently has changed her work to part-time contract and someone else told me that I can get even bigger grants because of that now, but I am not sure how to apply for it because I am helping my mum with paying most of the stuff but can't really do nothing about it right now as I don't get any money yet.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Stuart,
    I did send evidence of my address and that at the beginning of September and then I did send course change papers few days after that. Before that I did send a lot other evidence of my address which wasn't right for them, so I kept sending them all I could get and then I got letter that its being reviewed but it doesn't seem like anything is happening, shall i give a call or speak with someone at university who can help me with it ?
    About the grants - I started my course on 25th September and my mum recently has changed her work to part-time contract and someone else told me that I can get even bigger grants because of that now, but I am not sure how to apply for it because I am helping my mum with paying most of the stuff but can't really do nothing about it right now as I don't get any money yet.
    Thank you!
    Hi hidexal,

Residency evidence is currently taking eight working days to process, that is just under two weeks. Once your residency is established your application will move forward.

You said also that you have also sent a Change of Circumstances form to update us with new course details, the estimated timescale for that to be processed, is currently 20 working days.

If your household income has dropped by at least 15% from the income already provided for tax year, you can ask to be reassessed on the Current Year Income CYI, I have given you a link to the form,but if your household income is already below the threshold of £25,000, you will already be assessed for the maximum and completing the CYI will not allow you any additional support.

You will find the CYI here

http://bit.ly/2mFZsPN

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi hidexal,

Residency evidence is currently taking eight working days to process, that is just under two weeks. Once your residency is established your application will move forward.

You said also that you have also sent a Change of Circumstances form to update us with new course details, the estimated timescale for that to be processed, is currently 20 working days.

If your household income has dropped by at least 15% from the income already provided for tax year, you can ask to be reassessed on the Current Year Income CYI, I have given you a link to the form,but if your household income is already below the threshold of £25,000, you will already be assessed for the maximum and completing the CYI will not allow you any additional support.

You will find the CYI here

http://bit.ly/2mFZsPN

Thanks Rona
    Hi Rona,
    thank you for your reply. I am bit confused, so does student finance have received all my papers or they haven't? Because I haven't heard from them in a while and my best friend did send papers few days after me and he got a message today that student finance have received his papers and that it will take up to four weeks time to process but I haven't received anything and I have sent evidence and course change papers before him. He did send evidence and course change papers as well.
    Thank you,
    Roberts.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona,
    thank you for your reply. I am bit confused, so does student finance have received all my papers or they haven't? Because I haven't heard from them in a while and my best friend did send papers few days after me and he got a message today that student finance have received his papers and that it will take up to four weeks time to process but I haven't received anything and I have sent evidence and course change papers before him. He did send evidence and course change papers as well.
    Thank you,
    Roberts.
    Hi hidexal,

We have no access to your account to verify if your evidence has been received or not. It depends on what type of evidence you send whether it will be acknowledged once noted that received.

If you sent your original residency evidence secure post, then you will be able to check The Royal Mail, track & trace website when it was received and using the processing timescales I have given you, estimate when it will be reviewed.

The Change of Circumstances form will be updated on your online account once processed.

To confirm we have received your documents you would need to call us on

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.