Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    [QUOTE=...[/QUOTE]..

No. If you are absolutely confident that taking the extra A Level will not impact your performance in your other A Levels then I guess you could if you desperately wanted to, but you're not giving yourself any tangible advantage so I do not see the point. I also think it's particularly pointless taking those GCSEs in Year 12. You've finished your GCSEs, you got your passes in English and Maths and that's all anybody is ever probably going to care about.

This is all assuming that the subject you're applying for at university doesn't list language A Levels as a 'useful' subject.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    [QUOTE=...[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, you sound like you've already made up your mind and it sounds to me like you're looking for people to confirm it. I'm going to assume on the basis of your results that you're going to be targeting top UK universities, in which case I'd ask, what subject are you applying for? Unless it's a subject that specifically asks for a range of subjects then no, those universities are really not going to care about you having a range of subjects. If you're applying for a maths or physics degree, do you really think you're going to get an advantage because you've got an A* in A Level French, or that you have a bunch of language GCSEs, several of which you're already a native speaker of so they will discard the results anyway?

If you were absolutely confident that you can deal with the workload of 5 A Levels on top of 2 language GCSEs then I don't think you'd be here asking that question. My advice to you is that it's not worth it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.