Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So here's the thing,

I really want to do well and get into university (I won't be going to a UK university, I'll be going to an American university that actually only requires up to 5 A*-C GCSEs from British students).

Right now I'm doing AS Chemistry, Math and Biology. In the summer I kept promising myself this year would consist of vigorous and ruthless studying. Especially as I need to study for the SAT alongside (an American college admissions exam, which is mostly more about approach and thinking-skills, the content itself should be easy as it is GCSE-standard for a Brit).

I'm a month into the curriculum.....I haven't done much home studying, homework or any research. I am getting depressed. I need the drive and motivation to get my backside into gear and study. I want to go for the high grades. I see other people who got A* give guides on how they did it. I know there's no straightforward answer, but my main problems are study location, distraction and organisation.

I don't feel organised. The only thing I've done to make me feel like I've achieved something is I've bought myself the textbooks for each of the AS courses, and I've just stuck up a few colorful papers for AS Math, that recap and hammer some important principles from GCSE.

Please, I need help, especially if you were a high achieving student. I need to know exactly what to do. How did you break up your study schedule? I don't really like making schedules as I never stick to it. I wanted to just adopt a flexible study rhythm, but that proves too tempting to just end up doing nothing all day. I've tried studying in a different part of the house, the loft, but it can get too cold up there. I hate being hunched up into my room as it depresses me. Studying at the college library is a little too distracting.

I looked at something called Snap revise that advertises "score an A* in your A-Levels". Of course that's only something I can do, no company can do it for me. But would investing in Snap revise be helpful? Or is it just a scam with resources I could otherwise get for free? Has anyone used it with any benefit?

Also, the name snap REVISE, does that mean it's only good for end of the year revision, or is it good for year-round studying of the AS?

Thanks. I really need to get myself out of the cesspit I'm in.

ReputationRep:
    i used it for biology and chemistry OCR, absolutely useless, some errors and only really good for cramming.

thats my opinion though, what exam board you on? if you on OCR i can give you all the revision notes. (all AS and A2)

ReputationRep:
    Please, I am in the same Boat. Could you please help me with those revision notes, (AS and A2). Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja8)
    i used it for biology and chemistry OCR, absolutely useless, some errors and only really good for cramming.

thats my opinion though, what exam board you on? if you on OCR i can give you all the revision notes. (all AS and A2)
    Hi, I'm also in the same situation, and I was wondering if I could also have the revision notes (just for Biology though) that you were talking about please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatisJusMe)
    Please, I am in the same Boat. Could you please help me with those revision notes, (AS and A2). Thanks.
    (Original post by Kellyyy_)
    Hi, I'm also in the same situation, and I was wondering if I could also have the revision notes (just for Biology though) that you were talking about please?
    you guys both on OCR though yes? I don't think they'll be much help if you aren't on OCR

just send me a message with your email and ill send em over (in total 4 documents each: AS revision notes, AS summary page, A2 revision notes, A2 summary page)

I remember when I really needed some help so I understand and want to help yall as I think the prices are absolutely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja8)

im OCR biology could you give me your notes please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja8)
    you guys both on OCR though yes? I don't think they'll be much help if you aren't on OCR

just send me a message with your email and ill send em over (in total 4 documents each: AS revision notes, AS summary page, A2 revision notes, A2 summary page)

I remember when I really needed some help so I understand and want to help yall as I think the prices are absolutely ridiculous.
    [email protected]

please thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.