Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have very fine hair (meaning the actual shaft of each hair is thinner than other peoples). Due to this my hair always flops down without product and looks like roadkill on my head. I'm Asian with Indian/Sri Lankan origins (but born in the UK!). Anyone have any ideas for cool hairstyles? I know its a bit of a weird thread but...
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    have you tried drying your hair with your head upside down and one of those hair dryer ends that spreads out the heat? I forgot the name but I've got fine hair and that's how I get volume - then adding hair spray at the roots to keep it up. Also Pinterest is great for these things!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marshalld67)
    have you tried drying your hair with your head upside down and one of those hair dryer ends that spreads out the heat? I forgot the name but I've got fine hair and that's how I get volume - then adding hair spray at the roots to keep it up. Also Pinterest is great for these things!
    Cheers, I'm shopping around for a hairdryer now. Any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President Hawk)
    Hey, I have very fine hair (meaning the actual shaft of each hair is thinner than other peoples). Due to this my hair always flops down without product and looks like roadkill on my head. I'm Asian with Indian/Sri Lankan origins (but born in the UK!). Anyone have any ideas for cool hairstyles? I know its a bit of a weird thread but...
    Cheers!
    Yeah I have similar hair, sucks ass.

Having fine hair (note not thinning) is always going to be a problem for voluminous hairstyles, unless you use a hairdryer prestyling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Yeah I have similar hair, sucks ass.

Having fine hair (note not thinning) is always going to be a problem for voluminous hairstyles, unless you use a hairdryer prestyling.
    Was thinking about using a hairdryer. Was sort of hair style do you rock bro?
    What type of products do you use? Yeah, fine hair does well and truly suck ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President Hawk)
    Was thinking about using a hairdryer. Was sort of hair style do you rock bro?
    What type of products do you use? Yeah, fine hair does well and truly suck ass.
    I get a fade haircut, high and tight, and I just rub some clay in for texture and finger-comb it to the side. Looks natural and simple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    I get a fade haircut, high and tight, and I just rub some clay in for texture and finger-comb it to the side. Looks natural and simple
    Seems cool bro!
    I know it's a weird question but how much does your haircut cost you? My barber prices a simple trim at £8 and the most complicated at the same. might ask for the worlds most "offit" hairstyle just to piss him off!!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Fine hair here too. My haircut is similar to king leonidas - I have a putty stuff that helps stop it going flat without needing a hairdryer. But I do need to get it cut pretty often as as soon as I start getting much length it flops down and looks ****.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.