Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milky_Way)
    i thought you can't take the bmat twice???
    Yeah idk what this Siddharthk is saying lol...from his previous posts he has already written and got a good score. Shady.....:007:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi, please rememeber that any specific discussion of questions isn't allowed until November 24th

ReputationRep:
    Home/International: International
    Deferred?: No. If I decided to have a gap year, I would probably spend most of it on non-medicine related things like drawing and sewing. Didn't apply for deferred entry because I didn't know how to explain this to the unis.
    GCSEs/IGCSEs: N/A
    A Level Prediction/Results: N/A
    Previous Degree (if applicable):N/A
    International Baccalaureate Grades (Achieved/Predicted) or Score: 44/45
    UKCAT: Can't quite remember, around 800 and SJT Band 2
    BMAT: Don't know yet.
    Work Experience/Volunteering: One month in ENT, one month in gastroenterology. A few months helping to guide patients to the right floor, etc.
    Extra Curricular: Drawing/sewing/lots of art, ballet, feminism events at school.
    Unis's applied to: UCL, Oxford, Manchester, Newcastle

I also applied to UCL human sciences as my fifth choice. I know it's probably a stupid decision, but I'd rather do a humanities degree than a lab-based one if I don't get into medicine.

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression that UCL no longer consider GCSE grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkLane_9)
    So they take an avg of section1 and 2 when they look at your application, just worried that section 1 let me down :/ Think my essay wasn't too bad. Do ppl know hwo muhc they go through your essay before interview?
    Each section is looked at separately not combined. Approx.1/3 of your interview will be based on your essay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosam00)
    I answered the 3rd question too and am worried I completely misinterpreted it and didn't explain any of my points well at all. Also, I think I could get 5s in section 1 purely because of low grade boundaries, but I'm worried I'll slip into 4s in section 2 :/ so I really can't afford anything less than 3 in the essay ffs. I answered all parts of the question and apparently that's what you need to do for a 3 but I'm honestly not sure :/.
    Don't worry too much about the BMAT. My average of section 1 and 2 was around 5 and I got into UCL. Yes, as long as u answer all the parts in a question you will get a minimum of 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manobhni)
    Don't worry too much about the BMAT. My average of section 1 and 2 was around 5 and I got into UCL. Yes, as long as u answer all the parts in a question you will get a minimum of 3
    Thanks, I'm trying as hard as I can to forget about it until results come out lol

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think I have a chance at UCL Medicine with 1 A*,6 A’s and 2 B’s at gcse?!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manobhni)
    Each section is looked at separately not combined. Approx.1/3 of your interview will be based on your essay
    ahh cool do they look at it closely liek the words you've choosen or just ask you how you found it ect. Im feeling bad about the essay i wrote the more I think about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trubol17)
    I was under the impression that UCL no longer consider GCSE grades?
    As they look at applications holistically, obviously they won't automatically reject you if you don't have all A*s, but they still use GCSEs to differentiate between candidates, especially as AS' have been abolished so really its one of the few things they can go on. Obviously exceptional GCSEs will put you at an advantage, but if you have average/poor GCSEs, good performance in BMAT or a great personal statement could outweigh them.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone have to email UCL about not being able to attend at certain dates for interview? My Leicester interview is on the December date they said in the email, so I emailed them saying I won't be able to attend, but haven't gotten a reply?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone have to email UCL about not being able to attend at certain dates for interview? My Leicester interview is on the December date they said in the email, so I emailed them saying I won't be able to attend, but haven't gotten a reply?
    Yes I had to aswell, but since I haven’t received any interviews from elsewhere yet, I didn’t reply to the email. I think everyone got that email
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You just reminded me to email them now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennLousie)
    You just reminded me to email them now!
    You're welcome lool, do u have a leicester interview too?

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome lool, do u have a leicester interview too?
    Nope, but my mum and I have booked tickets to see someone on one of the dates, we only did it this weekend though so I hadn’t told them yet

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine they'de email tomorrow. I'd probably attach a picture of the interview letter to show you can't actually attend rather than getting cold feet. I imagine theyre quite strict on delaying itnerviews etc

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine they'de email tomorrow. I'd probably attach a picture of the interview letter to show you can't actually attend rather than getting cold feet. I imagine theyre quite strict on delaying itnerviews etc
    Nah, in the original email, they said they didn't need to know the reason, just the date which I am unavailable for.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, in the original email, they said they didn't need to know the reason, just the data which I am unavailable for.
    Oh right I didn't read it too closely apologies. If the itnerview date is close maybe include it. If it's in December I'm sure thats enoguh notice. Anyway BMAT hasn't even been marked so it should be fine I imagine

ReputationRep:
    Oh right I didn't read it too closely apologies. If the itnerview date is close maybe include it. If it's in December I'm sure thats enoguh notice. Anyway BMAT hasn't even been marked so it should be fine I imagine
    Yea hopefully, I emailed them yesterday with the date, it's just that it hasn't been acknowledged by them.

ReputationRep:
    Yea hopefully, I emailed them yesterday with the date, it's just that it hasn't been acknowledged by them.
    Probably a busy time for them, if they haven't replied in a week I would call or email them again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2018

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.