Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

International Students applying for Dentistry 2018 entry Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I looked out for alot of threads with regards to application for dentistry, but could only find stats for medicine. Soo I decided to make a thread although there are hardly any days left for the deadlinee so that I know how everyone is doing

My stats are:
    89% in Grade 10
    IB year 1 scores :36/42 with 6,6,7 in my HL subjects
    IB 2 predicted : sadly they don’t disclose it but it’s definitely above 38, so I presume it’s 39 or 40.
    My UKCAT is 2720, 680 average
    I have shadowed a wisdom removal surgery , 6 months dentist shadowing , 3 months cancer research hospital , 3 months taught children English at an NGO, volunteered in a blood donation drive ,organised a dental health campaign, etc etc

I’m going to apply to King’s , Sheffield, Bristol and Newcastle for BDS (5 years)

Can anyone tell me how likely I am to get an interview ? and also if anyone has an idea as to how many seats are reserved in each college for international students?

Any reply would be appreciated!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.