Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

IAL Chemistry Unit 1 edexcel 2017 October Mark Scheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    ls if the paper is dry crystals are dry
    (Original post by hami_2000)
    What did you guys write for how do you know when enough water has been evaporated for the crystallization thing

I wrote that pure dry crystals appear or maybe i think the answer should have been to press filter paper on crysta

ReputationRep:
    i mean visibly dry crystals were to be seen. but idk if that is right..what did you write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fafa90)
    i mean visibly dry crystals were to be seen. but idk if that is right..what did you write
    I wrote when crystal appears. The paper stuff was for the next question which on how to prepare pure dry crystals

ReputationRep:
    for that part i wrote you filter the solution and heat it so that excess water evaporates and you get pure dry crystals
    (Original post by hami_2000)
    I wrote when crystal appears. The paper stuff was for the next question which on how to prepare pure dry crystals

ReputationRep:
    someone tell me the threshold for this paper...anyoneeeeeee?

ReputationRep:
    its 55 for A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazlilong)
    its 55 for A
    How do you know

ReputationRep:
    how did you show the volume was12cm3??? anyone for the section B q1

ReputationRep:
    dont know how to prep for unit 3 please helppp....I'm studying on my own for this one...Also someone has Activebook?? please email me ..I

ReputationRep:
    okay for everyone who will read this thread let us answer every question and discuss m posting questions that i remember ..

There was mcq q about some
    Refrigirant …another one was delta T question…ugh so annoying tht was…another was carbon was 80% H as 20% find the molecular formula…
    I guess the answer was D c4H10.?? Is that what you guys got

For section B q part iii how to show volume was 12cm3 and molarity was 2.00. That crazy salt question. I didn't finish it Couldn't do the yield as time was over.

2nd question all about organic chem..didin;t get the dimer right and the octane part ..other was comparatively easy substitution and addition parts. 3rd question about potassium and argon were easy. %abndance I got wrong how did you guys calculate. How to get pure crystals part was easy. Atom economy was easy. What else was in the paper?

ReputationRep:
    it was c2h6 for molecular formula
    abundance u use this x35 x 37(x-1)= 35.58 let x be the abudance of 35

ReputationRep:
    anyone know whats the answer for the most abundant?? is it 1bromo propan2ol or2 bromo propran 1-ol.. even my teacher dont know

ReputationRep:
    this question was repeated from previous years and the answer was c4h10 because this question..

It was 2 bromopropan 1 ol ..this was in the book aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazlilong)
    its 55 for A
    how was unit 2 and what was the metal

ReputationRep:
    it was comparatively easier than Unit 1, and i got the metal as Lithium. what about you?

ReputationRep:
    ya it was really easy.. it was definitely lithium

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.