The Student Room Group

Constant, recurring nausea

I've had recurring nausea for just over two weeks. At first, I thought it would subside on its own, but yesterday I had to have the day off school. I didn't eat anything apart from plain digestive biscuits but today I'm also having the day off because I feel nauseous. I'm not in any pain either.
Anyone know what could be the cause of this? It's really bugging me.
And should I go to the doctor's? It seems a little weird to go there just because I'm feeling sick
EDIT: I'm a 16 year-old male if that makes a difference
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Call NHS DIRECT or go onto the website before making a GP appointment as you may be infectious if you have a virus ,and the Dr will not thank you for attending a surgery where elderly and other vulnerable patients are waiting to be seen. If you have not actually been vomiting or have no diarrhoea you may be ok to see the Dr however . Try to keep hydrated by drinking water . Hope you get better soon .
Reply 2
Original post by DavidaH
Call NHS DIRECT or go onto the website before making a GP appointment as you may be infectious if you have a virus

I don't think it's a virus because I haven't vomited (yet) despite having nausea for 2+ weeks. Are there any other symptoms that could suggest I have a virus?
Reply 3
Don't know if you are male or female: could you be pregnant? 🤔 if not, I would definitely get it checked as it it's not common to just feel sick for no reason...
Was thinking same as above
Pregnancy is a very good explanation
Take a test. And see your gp whatever the result
Reply 5
Original post by Dr_Hope
Don't know if you are male or female: could you be pregnant? .

Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm a 16 year-old male
Reply 6
Phew, then highly likely that it's NOT pregnancy. 😄 seriously though, ring your surgery and get it checked. It could be something minor like a cold affecting your senses, or something more serious. I would totally get it checked out if it was my health. 🙂
Reply 7
Do you suffer from Anxiety?
Reply 8
Original post by JME1993
Do you suffer from Anxiety?

Yes.
Reply 9
Original post by A_Winter
Yes.

That could be the cause. I used to suffer from anxiety (still do, just not as severe), and could often feel nauseous as a result. Get this checked out.
Reply 10
Original post by Dr_Hope
It could be something minor like a cold affecting your senses, or something more serious. I would totally get it checked out if it was my health. 🙂

Reply 11
Original post by JME1993
That could be the cause. I used to suffer from anxiety (still do, just not as severe), and could often feel nauseous as a result. Get this checked out.

Are you aware of any other possible causes? I've had social anxiety for most of my life so I don't know why I've only recently started feeling nauseous
A common rule of thumb with nausea is masturbation this always helps me anyway

but at the end of the day its your gay ass decision and im just here to advise
Reply 13
Original post by djbigone2
A common rule of thumb with nausea is masturbation this always helps me anyway

Even though I mainly feel sick at school lol
Reply 14
I also mainly feel worse at school which is why I'm so concerned (I'm in year 11)

Quick Reply

Latest