Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay so on Saturday I was using my bfs phone to do my online banking as I was out of data and we currently have no wifi. I went into whatsapp to get my details that I had text to him the day before to log in. When I clicked on it there was a message from an unsaved number from a girl who he follows on instagram (I think they may have slept together before we met 3 years ago). Anyway it was quite flirty, but he had not replied and she initiated.

I didn't say anything to him as didn't want to cause fuss over nothing. I messaged her and asked if there was anything going on. She read but did not reply. She then posted several pictures on instagram and may aswell have tagged me. She has a boyfriend which she declares her love for all over her facebook on an almost weekly basis. I am friends with her bf on facebook but didn't realise.

Anyway so today on my way to work, I get a message on facebook from what must be a fake account. I am the only "friend" after accepting so I could see who it was that was messaging. This guy says he wants to meet me as he has stuff to show/tell me which could affect my relationship. I said I'd meet him tonight at a services but I'm feeling abit weirded out. There is a post on the fake wall saying "Jon stop messaging me off a fake account" so I messaged the girl who wrote it but as it was years ago she said she didnt know what it was about. Anyway the girl who messaged my bf has a bf called Jon.

Would you go and meet him? I'm torn. I've told my boyfriend about him but he said weirdos always message me and to just block him. He didn't seem bothered. I haven't told him I have agreed to meet him. What would you do?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so on Saturday I was using my bfs phone to do my online banking as I was out of data and we currently have no wifi. I went into whatsapp to get my details that I had text to him the day before to log in. When I clicked on it there was a message from an unsaved number from a girl who he follows on instagram (I think they may have slept together before we met 3 years ago). Anyway it was quite flirty, but he had not replied and she initiated.

I didn't say anything to him as didn't want to cause fuss over nothing. I messaged her and asked if there was anything going on. She read but did not reply. She then posted several pictures on instagram and may aswell have tagged me. She has a boyfriend which she declares her love for all over her facebook on an almost weekly basis. I am friends with her bf on facebook but didn't realise.

Anyway so today on my way to work, I get a message on facebook from what must be a fake account. I am the only "friend" after accepting so I could see who it was that was messaging. This guy says he wants to meet me as he has stuff to show/tell me which could affect my relationship. I said I'd meet him tonight at a services but I'm feeling abit weirded out. There is a post on the fake wall saying "Jon stop messaging me off a fake account" so I messaged the girl who wrote it but as it was years ago she said she didnt know what it was about. Anyway the girl who messaged my bf has a bf called Jon.

Would you go and meet him? I'm torn. I've told my boyfriend about him but he said weirdos always message me and to just block him. He didn't seem bothered. I haven't told him I have agreed to meet him. What would you do?
    Why would you go and meet a 'stranger'?

ReputationRep:

Cannot believe you even considered meeting this person

ReputationRep:
    I am the only "friend" after accepting so I could see who it was that was messaging.
    You could? Who is it then?

What would you do?
    Skype?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to be friends to accept someones' messages on facebook. I've accepted messages without being friends with people.

I can't think why you'd want to meet someone like this?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.