The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

European Politics offer grades

Hiya!

I'm looking into applying for a BA in European Politics and I was wondering if anyone one here does that degree and if so what there offer was?

Scroll to see replies

What were your AS':
GCSE's :
Predicted grades:

I have heard of some people getting in with lower grades and some getting offered higher. I think it's situational.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by JaqenH'gar
What were your AS':
GCSE's :
Predicted grades:

I have heard of some people getting in with lower grades and some getting offered higher. I think it's situational.

I can't see anything next to AS, GCSEs, and Predicted grades? :frown:
Original post by izzymac270
I can't see anything next to AS, GCSEs, and Predicted grades? :frown:

no I meant yours :smile:
Reply 4
no I meant yours :smile:

Lol oops blonde moment 😂

What were your AS': AACD
GCSE's : We don't do them where I live but I got the highest grades possible for year 11
Predicted grades: A*AB
Lol oops blonde moment 😂

What were your AS': AACD
GCSE's : We don't do them where I live but I got the highest grades possible for year 11
Predicted grades: A*AB

You have better grades then a lot of people actually on the course. You exceed the offer requirements so yeah you have a good chance of getting an offer. If you can get that predicted B up to an A you could even look at the straight politics BA.

Overall a very strong candidate!
Reply 6
You have better grades then a lot of people actually on the course. You exceed the offer requirements so yeah you have a good chance of getting an offer. If you can get that predicted B up to an A you could even look at the straight politics BA.

Overall a very strong candidate!

Aw this was so comforting thank you so much!!
Reply 7
Anyone had any offers?
Reply 8
Original post by willn
Anyone had any offers?

I got one a few weeks ago for AAB
Reply 9
How long did you wait:smile:?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by willn
How long did you wait:smile:?

9 days from receiving the acknowledgement of application email :smile:
Reply 11
I wonder with this course being relatively new it's as competitive as straight Politics?
I got one a few weeks ago for AAB

Just received my offer for the course too :smile:

Let's hope we both meet each other next year!
Original post by willn
I wonder with this course being relatively new it's as competitive as straight Politics?

Its not as competitive sadly from what I've gathered. Plus the fact Politics is AAA and EU politics is AAB shows that demand for Politics is higher.

However, graduate prospects as the course is at KCL are amazing for both. KCL has a really good international reputation as well (better then its domestic reputation) so if you work abroad you will be set.
Reply 14
My offer came through about a week ago, I actually prefer the content of this course compared to straight Politics.
Reply 15
Original post by willn
My offer came through about a week ago, I actually prefer the content of this course compared to straight Politics.

Same! Love the mix of history and politics
Reply 16
Original post by WrongDong
Just received my offer for the course too :smile:

Let's hope we both meet each other next year!

Yes! fingers crossed :h:
Just got an offer too! Im in the french system so they asked me for a 14/20 in the Baccalaureate.
Guys just wanted thoughts on this which Uni claim that the average person on this course has 93 UCAS points with which they entered the Uni with. This is less than 2 A grades at A level. Does anyone know if this is correct? If so I am genuinely quite worried about the quality of the course.

https://university.which.co.uk/kings-college-london-university-of-london-k60/european-politics-3-years-9250-l241
If you look at KCL's PPE, its not that far off from European Politics in terms of UCAS points...

https://university.which.co.uk/search/course?c[q]=ppe%20kings

Quick Reply

Latest