Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

I'm looking into applying for a BA in European Politics and I was wondering if anyone one here does that degree and if so what there offer was?

ReputationRep:
    What were your AS':
    GCSE's :
    Predicted grades:

I have heard of some people getting in with lower grades and some getting offered higher. I think it's situational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaqenH'gar)
    What were your AS':
    GCSE's :
    Predicted grades:

I have heard of some people getting in with lower grades and some getting offered higher. I think it's situational.
    I can't see anything next to AS, GCSEs, and Predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzymac270)
    I can't see anything next to AS, GCSEs, and Predicted grades?
    no I meant yours

ReputationRep:
    no I meant yours
    Lol oops blonde moment 😂

What were your AS': AACD
    GCSE's : We don't do them where I live but I got the highest grades possible for year 11
    Predicted grades: A*AB

ReputationRep:
    Lol oops blonde moment 😂

What were your AS': AACD
    GCSE's : We don't do them where I live but I got the highest grades possible for year 11
    Predicted grades: A*AB
    You have better grades then a lot of people actually on the course. You exceed the offer requirements so yeah you have a good chance of getting an offer. If you can get that predicted B up to an A you could even look at the straight politics BA.

Overall a very strong candidate!

ReputationRep:
    You have better grades then a lot of people actually on the course. You exceed the offer requirements so yeah you have a good chance of getting an offer. If you can get that predicted B up to an A you could even look at the straight politics BA.

Overall a very strong candidate!
    Aw this was so comforting thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willn)
    Anyone had any offers?
    I got one a few weeks ago for AAB

ReputationRep:
    How long did you wait?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willn)
    How long did you wait?
    9 days from receiving the acknowledgement of application email

ReputationRep:
    I wonder with this course being relatively new it's as competitive as straight Politics?

ReputationRep:
    I got one a few weeks ago for AAB
    Just received my offer for the course too

Let's hope we both meet each other next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willn)
    I wonder with this course being relatively new it's as competitive as straight Politics?
    Its not as competitive sadly from what I've gathered. Plus the fact Politics is AAA and EU politics is AAB shows that demand for Politics is higher.

However, graduate prospects as the course is at KCL are amazing for both. KCL has a really good international reputation as well (better then its domestic reputation) so if you work abroad you will be set.

ReputationRep:
    My offer came through about a week ago, I actually prefer the content of this course compared to straight Politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willn)
    My offer came through about a week ago, I actually prefer the content of this course compared to straight Politics.
    Same! Love the mix of history and politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WrongDong)
    Just received my offer for the course too

Let's hope we both meet each other next year!
    Yes! fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer too! Im in the french system so they asked me for a 14/20 in the Baccalaureate.

ReputationRep:
    Guys just wanted thoughts on this which Uni claim that the average person on this course has 93 UCAS points with which they entered the Uni with. This is less than 2 A grades at A level. Does anyone know if this is correct? If so I am genuinely quite worried about the quality of the course.

https://university.which.co.uk/kings...ears-9250-l241

ReputationRep:
    If you look at KCL's PPE, its not that far off from European Politics in terms of UCAS points...

https://university.which.co.uk/search/course?c[q]=ppe%20kings

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.