Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how do I stop being a failure?
    I have a heard time accepting who I am.
    I constantly compare myself to everyone else.

don't get me wrong, I'm the definition of a failure, but I'm tired. so so tired of being this way.

I hate me for being such a lowlife and a loser.
    thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a heard time accepting who I am...
    meant to say 'hard'

ReputationRep:
    What do you really want out of life?
    If you cannot answer this question sincerely and with reason, you will simply run around in circles until you grow old.

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    What do you really want out of life?
    If you cannot answer this question sincerely and with reason, you will simply run around in circles until you grow old.
    thought I knew...
    I also want many things

ReputationRep:
    if you tell yourself you are a failure....then you are a failure. its all in your mind. if you tell yourself you're a success, you'll become a success. you need to stop being your won worst enemy, instead be your greatest fan, supporter and friend. focus on all the positives you have and did, make your life better, its easier than you think. positivity is the most important thing.

don't get me wrong, I'm the definition of a failure, but I'm tired. so so tired of being this way.

thank you
    You can't. Not until you stop comparing yourself to those around you and start looking at what makes you happy. Success is defined as getting up one more time then you get knocked down. So get back up if the world wants to see you fail don't let them get back up with all the strength you can, and fight to become your own person and stop comparing yourself to others. But at the end of the day the help you seek can't come from others it has to come from within you.

ReputationRep:
    what I do, is hang out with people who are even more of a failure than myself. this Paisley character for example. MY GOD she is rude, loud, so very mean. makes me look like a saint. :-)

(Original post by Sparks17)
    if you tell yourself you are a failure....then you are a failure. its all in your mind. if you tell yourself you're a success, you'll become a success. you need to stop being your won worst enemy, instead be your greatest fan, supporter and friend. focus on all the positives you have and did, make your life better, its easier than you think. positivity is the most important thing.
    Well said It's in the mind. You have to find the answer there as well.

ReputationRep:
    go to the gym and sort out a good diet
    the progress you will see, quickly enough, will give you some confidence

ReputationRep:
    it's all within. Stop chasing conditional happiness.

ReputationRep:

thanks all 💙

ReputationRep:
    The problem is you are too hard on yourself and always comparing yourselves to others. This is a dangerous thing to do, and you don't always know the people you are comparing too. You must also have your achievements and talents - celebrate them and be proud of them. Be happy with what you have and don't dwell on the things that you lack too much.

ReputationRep:

thank you
    We need to know a little bit more about the situation. If you think you're a lowlife and a loser because you robbed your mother at knifepoint and she kicked you out and/or moved anonymously, then it will be hard for us to argue it.

Seriously... I'm guessing that's probably not the case. 5 years from now, you're going to have a totally different life.

(Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    We need to know a little bit more about the situation. If you think you're a lowlife and a loser because you robbed your mother at knifepoint and she kicked you out and/or moved anonymously, then it will be hard for us to argue it.

Seriously... I'm guessing that's probably not the case. 5 years from now, you're going to have a totally different life.
    Hey,

here's why I'm a failure.
    I'm 21, turning 22 soon.

I haven't been to university, in fact I rejected offers for years. Wasted my time doing an unplanned gap year, I just stayed at home and cried, this was when I was 19.

This previous year (20), I thought I was doing stuff. Like, I got a part time job, 'planned' starting an online clothing brand, learnt a bit on film making, screenwriting and photography on my own.

But now, this year I realised all I did was just wasted my time. I have **** A-level qualifications, can't get into a Russell group university. I don't know what I want to do for a career.

I just don't know? Like before I concluded that I had to forge my own path to being successful because I couldn't go down the conventional route of going to university. But who am i kidding, I can't get a job again (quit the last one)... I don't have any money or friends... or anything.
    I want to move away from home...

Just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

but like recently, I kind of 'reset' my mindset and I feel a bit better. But I still can't get a job haha...been trying for 3 months L0L

I'm gonna be alone for evvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrr. I'm just so delusional with my thoughts. I thought I had ability or talent, I don't have either.

Don't know who to turn to for help.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

here's why I'm a failure.
    I'm 21, turning 22 soon.

I haven't been to university, in fact I rejected offers for years. Wasted my time doing an unplanned gap year, I just stayed at home and cried, this was when I was 19.

This previous year (20), I thought I was doing stuff. Like, I got a part time job, 'planned' starting an online clothing brand, learnt a bit on film making, screenwriting and photography on my own.

But now, this year I realised all I did was just wasted my time. I have **** A-level qualifications, can't get into a Russell group university. I don't know what I want to do for a career.

I just don't know? Like before I concluded that I had to forge my own path to being successful because I couldn't go down the conventional route of going to university. But who am i kidding, I can't get a job again (quit the last one)... I don't have any money or friends... or anything.
    I want to move away from home...

Just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

but like recently, I kind of 'reset' my mindset and I feel a bit better. But I still can't get a job haha...been trying for 3 months L0L

I'm gonna be alone for evvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrr. I'm just so delusional with my thoughts. I thought I had ability or talent, I don't have either.

Don't know who to turn to for help.
    It sounds like you're suffering from depression: Lack of motivation, crying, Low self-esteem, inability to follow things through.

Go to a Doctor. It'll help you. You would go if you broke your arm, so you should go if you're having other issues.

Your mind will think up a thousand reasons not to do it. It'll say that I'm wrong. It'll say there's no point and that a doctor can't cure what's wrong with you.

That's just the depression talking. If you can reach out, if you can ask for help like you did here and go to a doctor, you will feel better and things will end up better.

ReputationRep:
    If you fail at failing, are you a winner?

(Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    It sounds like you're suffering from depression: Lack of motivation, crying, Low self-esteem, inability to follow things through.

Go to a Doctor. It'll help you. You would go if you broke your arm, so you should go if you're having other issues.

Your mind will think up a thousand reasons not to do it. It'll say that I'm wrong. It'll say there's no point and that a doctor can't cure what's wrong with you.

That's just the depression talking. If you can reach out, if you can ask for help like you did here and go to a doctor, you will feel better and things will end up better.
    yh I'm not going to get help from the doctor. thanks for helping anyway
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Change your mindset, learn from your past failures.

What do you want to do? There's many ways to achieve your ambitions through college, A-levels, BTEC, HNC, uni, open degree, apprenticeship etc.

EDIT: i've just seen your later post.

You're only 22, be more confident, you are a very young person, I'm sure you a lot a good qualities to offer and look forward to the future. Be more optimistic.

You could study any degree you want with the Open University and you can always do a masters at a Russell group uni.

If you want a job to earn a bit of money, look at this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3813957

Good luck

ReputationRep:

thank you
    First of all? Lose the self pity. You won't get anywhere with your whingey "I hate myself attitude"

(I'm saying this because I know what it's like to feel that way, and a kick up the arse is what can make you feel better about yourself!)

Figure out what it is you want and work towards it. Whether it be a personal or educational goal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.