Business studies - A*
    Biology - A*
    Maths - B (got a C at AS!!)
    Psychology - A
    EPQ - A
    What are my chances of an interview?

Note: I am still applying anyway, just curious really

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge are particularly interested in AS modules; yours are fairly weak compared to the average Cambridge candidate, so you may be at a disadvantage there. Also the fact that you don't study Geography would be another strike against you, some colleges require A-Level geography, so whilst it isn't compulsory, they will be confused as to why you didn't study it to a higher level. That being said, if you smash the TSA/ whatever entrance exam you have to do, then you are very likely to get an interview; they very much care about your score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaAsh)
    I'm applying for geography. I am predicted:
    Business studies - A*
    Biology - A*
    Maths - B (got a C at AS!!)
    Psychology - A
    EPQ - A
    What are my chances of an interview?

Note: I am still applying anyway, just curious really
    Virtually none as they expect all applicants to be doing A-level geography...

ReputationRep:
    Probably not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    Virtually none as they expect all applicants to be doing A-level geography...
    No they don't, a few colleges require it. But for the others I have persoonally asked the admissions tutors and they said I would be at no disadvantage if I could show geographical skills. I was mainly asking about grades.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge interview pretty much everyone who is predicted to meet the standard offer (which I think is A*AA for geography but I'd double check). Beyond that they'll look at all parts of your application (AS grades, entrance test, interview etc) holistically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EwanWest)
    Cambridge interview pretty much everyone who is predicted to meet the standard offer (which I think is A*AA for geography but I'd double check). Beyond that they'll look at all parts of your application (AS grades, entrance test, interview etc) holistically
    Thanks, I didnt know it was that easy to get an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaAsh)
    Thanks, I didnt know it was that easy to get an interview
    Yeah Oxford use they're entrance exam slightly differently to deselect candidates for interview but Cambridge only does this for medicine. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.