The Student Room Group

Full time to part time

I started studying my degree and had to leave in my 3rd year due to bad depression so received 3 years full time funding. I have one year of my degree to complete and would like to do this through the ou which will be completed in a year. Can I do this? And will the funding be avalible for me. Please someone help
Original post by Natzfletch
I started studying my degree and had to leave in my 3rd year due to bad depression so received 3 years full time funding. I have one year of my degree to complete and would like to do this through the ou which will be completed in a year. Can I do this? And will the funding be avalible for me. Please someone help

Hi Natzfletch,

If you studied full time and did not gain a qualification, your previous study will not be counted against you if you apply as a new part time student.

You would be entitled to the funding for the duration of your course.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 2
So how do I apply for part time funding? will it effect me means I already received a student loan for 3 years full time. Thanks
Original post by Natzfletch
So how do I apply for part time funding? will it effect me means I already received a student loan for 3 years full time. Thanks

Hi Natzfletch,

You would apply on a PTL1 which is available here for the current academic year.

And if you did not receive a qualification from your full time study it does not affect your eligibility for the part time funding.

Regards,

Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending