Turn on thread page Beta

Full time to part time watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I started studying my degree and had to leave in my 3rd year due to bad depression so received 3 years full time funding. I have one year of my degree to complete and would like to do this through the ou which will be completed in a year. Can I do this? And will the funding be avalible for me. Please someone help
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Natzfletch)
    I started studying my degree and had to leave in my 3rd year due to bad depression so received 3 years full time funding. I have one year of my degree to complete and would like to do this through the ou which will be completed in a year. Can I do this? And will the funding be avalible for me. Please someone help
    Hi Natzfletch,

If you studied full time and did not gain a qualification, your previous study will not be counted against you if you apply as a new part time student.

You would be entitled to the funding for the duration of your course.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    So how do I apply for part time funding? will it effect me means I already received a student loan for 3 years full time. Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Natzfletch)
    So how do I apply for part time funding? will it effect me means I already received a student loan for 3 years full time. Thanks
    Hi Natzfletch,

You would apply on a PTL1 which is available here for the current academic year.

And if you did not receive a qualification from your full time study it does not affect your eligibility for the part time funding.

Regards,

Stuart

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.