Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Flu jabs for placement Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Anyone got or not got a flu jab for placement?

I'm a therapeutic radiography student so care for immuno-suppressed patients on placement, but the Trust won't pay for the flu jab as we are not their employees. I understand some Trusts will.

Anyone know of any details on if/how the Department of Health or whoever is pressuring Trusts to cover it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morning_glory)
    Hi,

Anyone got or not got a flu jab for placement?

I'm a therapeutic radiography student so care for immuno-suppressed patients on placement, but the Trust won't pay for the flu jab as we are not their employees. I understand some Trusts will.

Anyone know of any details on if/how the Department of Health or whoever is pressuring Trusts to cover it?

Thanks
    It's a bit strange that your placement trust won't vaccinate you for flu when they get financial incentives to ensure good uptake (but this may be as you're technically not on their books as an employee). In the end, like you said, you're caring for vulnerable immunosuppressed patients in your area of practice, it's in your patient's best interests that uptake in your department is as high as possible. Maybe escalate it to the manager in your department using this as a rationale?

It might also be worthwhile speaking to your university's occy health department and see if they are able to arrange this for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.