Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so I have physics assignment due on Thursday and I am back in college after many years so all this experiments and assignments are very new to me:P

the assignments title is : analyse the charging/discharging of a capacitor in a dc circuit.
    I have my charging and discharging results from my experiment which I did yesterday and know I have to do a written but I am confused with what I need to include in the written work.this is the instruction for the written work and nothing else " use your charging and discharging graphs in the interpretation, you should justify the charging and discharging time.

what is meant by justify? and also do I need to talk about the time constant and why would that be important in my written work or should I just talk about why the graph is going up when its charging and down when its discharging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamlap)
    so I have physics assignment due on Thursday and I am back in college after many years so all this experiments and assignments are very new to me:P

the assignments title is : analyse the charging/discharging of a capacitor in a dc circuit.
    I have my charging and discharging results from my experiment which I did yesterday and know I have to do a written but I am confused with what I need to include in the written work.this is the instruction for the written work and nothing else " use your charging and discharging graphs in the interpretation, you should justify the charging and discharging time.

what is meant by justify? and also do I need to talk about the time constant and why would that be important in my written work or should I just talk about why the graph is going up when its charging and down when its discharging?
    You haven't indicated a study level... but if you've been taught about time constants I'd definitely assume they expect you to talk about them in your analysis...

ReputationRep:
    acces to HE science
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    acces to HE science
    IMO it's your opportunity to show off everything you know (within the word limit if applicable)

if you haven't already, try plotting a log graph as well as the usual type
    e.g. on the bottom of this page
    https://www.antonine-education.co.uk...pacitors_3.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    IMO it's your opportunity to show off everything you know (within the word limit if applicable)

if you haven't already, try plotting a log graph as well as the usual type
    e.g. on the bottom of this page
    https://www.antonine-education.co.uk...pacitors_3.htm
    okay know that I have my results and the graph and I have a curve up when I charge the capacitor and when I discharge it the curve goes down I know that ofcourse but what do I need to say about my results?

ReputationRep:
    okay know that I have my results and the graph and I have a curve up when I charge the capacitor and when I discharge it the curve goes down I know that ofcourse but what do I need to say about my results?
    Well you could look at the voltage after 0TC (i.e. the starting voltage) 1TC, 2TC etc - what's the percentage change over each interval & is that what you expected

have a look at this
    https://www.antonine-education.co.uk...P_overview.htm and include as much as you can that's relevant to your experiment.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 10, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.