Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

discharging and charging capacitors assignment help needed Watch

ReputationRep:
    so I have physics assignment due on Thursday and I am back in college after many years so all this experiments and assignments are very new to me:P

the assignments title is : analyse the charging/discharging of a capacitor in a dc circuit.
    I have my charging and discharging results from my experiment which I did yesterday and know I have to do a written but I am confused with what I need to include in the written work.this is the instruction for the written work and nothing else " use your charging and discharging graphs in the interpretation, you should justify the charging and discharging time.

what is meant by justify? and also do I need to talk about the time constant and why would that be important in my written work or should I just talk about why the graph is going up when its charging and down when its discharging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamlap)
    so I have physics assignment due on Thursday and I am back in college after many years so all this experiments and assignments are very new to me:P

the assignments title is : analyse the charging/discharging of a capacitor in a dc circuit.
    I have my charging and discharging results from my experiment which I did yesterday and know I have to do a written but I am confused with what I need to include in the written work.this is the instruction for the written work and nothing else " use your charging and discharging graphs in the interpretation, you should justify the charging and discharging time.

what is meant by justify? and also do I need to talk about the time constant and why would that be important in my written work or should I just talk about why the graph is going up when its charging and down when its discharging?
    You haven't indicated a study level... but if you've been taught about time constants I'd definitely assume they expect you to talk about them in your analysis...

ReputationRep:
    acces to HE science
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    acces to HE science
    IMO it's your opportunity to show off everything you know (within the word limit if applicable)

if you haven't already, try plotting a log graph as well as the usual type
    e.g. on the bottom of this page
    https://www.antonine-education.co.uk...pacitors_3.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    IMO it's your opportunity to show off everything you know (within the word limit if applicable)

if you haven't already, try plotting a log graph as well as the usual type
    e.g. on the bottom of this page
    https://www.antonine-education.co.uk...pacitors_3.htm
    okay know that I have my results and the graph and I have a curve up when I charge the capacitor and when I discharge it the curve goes down I know that ofcourse but what do I need to say about my results?

ReputationRep:
    okay know that I have my results and the graph and I have a curve up when I charge the capacitor and when I discharge it the curve goes down I know that ofcourse but what do I need to say about my results?
    Well you could look at the voltage after 0TC (i.e. the starting voltage) 1TC, 2TC etc - what's the percentage change over each interval & is that what you expected

have a look at this
    https://www.antonine-education.co.uk...P_overview.htm and include as much as you can that's relevant to your experiment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.