Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please answer and label your answer accordingly:
    1) Have your parents got a degree?
    2) Do you believe they are intelligent?
    3) Do you want to go to uni/ have you been to uni?
    4) On a scale of 1-10, how intelligent do you think you are?

( These questions don't necessarily mean you are/aren't intelligent. We are just doing some research.)

ReputationRep:
    amazing intelligence quiz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrypoliceman)
    amazing intelligence quiz
    Please answer I'm doing some research.

ReputationRep:
    1) No.
    2) They are naturally intelligent but their lack of education meant they couldn't reach their peak.
    3) Yes, next year.
    4) This scale depends on what its relative to. Compared to my peers at Sixth Form, I'm a 9-10, on the basis that I don't think I've ever found an exam hard. But compared to greatest thinkers in the world I'm probably a 1 or 2. I would arrogantly suggest I'm above average intelligence, but I don't know how to quantify that. Also, I think there's a selection bias on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    1. 1) Have your parents got a degree? No
    1. 2) Do you believe they are intelligent? Yeah in different ways
    1. 3) Do you want to go to uni/ have you been to uni? Yes
    1. 4) On a scale of 1-10, how intelligent do you think you are? I would say in terms of being academic, I'm 9-10 in science and maths (highest results in my a level year) but then maybe 5-6 in arts/humanities (bit more average in these areas). So I'll say 7.5/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuffyandtab)
    1. 1) Have your parents got a degree? No
    1. 2) Do you believe they are intelligent? Yeah in different ways
    1. 3) Do you want to go to uni/ have you been to uni? Yes
    1. 4) On a scale of 1-10, how intelligent do you think you are? 7
    Thank you for responding!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliticsandP)
    1) No.
    2) They are naturally intelligent but their lack of education meant they couldn't reach their peak.
    3) Yes, next year.
    4) This scale depends on what its relative to. Compared to my peers at Sixth Form, I'm a 9-10, on the basis that I don't think I've ever found an exam hard. But compared to greatest thinkers in the world I'm probably a 1 or 2. I would arrogantly suggest I'm above average intelligence, but I don't know how to quantify that. Also, I think there's a selection bias on TSR.
    Thank you for responding!

ReputationRep:
    1) no
    2) yes, both parents achieved a/a* for all their a-levels but just didn’t pursue a degree
    3) yes, I want to go in a few years time
    4) 7.5 in terms of academic intelligence (compared with peers)
    9 in terms of common sense, everyday decision making, reading people, etc
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Research for what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Research for what?
    A school project debating whether intelligence is environmental or genetic.

ReputationRep:
    1) No
    2) average
    3) Yes, I've been
    4) 7

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how this measures intelligence. Going to uni does not necessarily mean that one is intelligent, and both the Dunning Kruger effect (where low ability individuals overestimate their ability) and imposter syndrome (where high ability individuals underplay their ability), as well as good old narcissism, will impact one's response to q4 and give skewed responses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    I'm not sure how this measures intelligence. Going to uni does not necessarily mean that one is intelligent, and both the Dunning Kruger effect (where low ability individuals overestimate their ability) and imposter syndrome (where high ability individuals underplay their ability), as well as good old narcissism, will impact one's response to q4 and give skewed responses.
    Yes I am aware that it doesn't measure intelligence only believed intelligence which is why we are taking our results with a pinch of salt, but we were told to get primary research and that is what we have tried to do. Thank you for your input.

ReputationRep:
    1) No, my parents haven't got a degree
    2) Maybe not academically, but in other ways, they're both good at their jobs, my dad is great with general knowledge and my mum is very business-minded
    3) Yeah, I've been to uni
    4) Probably about a 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalliboo)

( These questions don't necessarily mean you are/aren't intelligent. We are just doing some research.)
    1. One does, other does not.
    2. They are smart in their own way. Lack some level of emotional intelligence and don't always have a great understanding of the world around them, especially technology and weird belief some old wives tales, religions and superstitions, however, my father is a lawyer (for some credit) and a good poet. Despite this- I don't believe them to to be smart or intelligent.
    3. I definitely want to go to University.
    4. Probably average, so 5.

Btw these questions are kinda trash. No offence, but I can't see how any of this data is useful for a study unless if you are still at GCSE's. You usually need a follow up study with questions like these. (To assess if they actually are that smart etc, and if their intellect standards are there). I never rate myself above or below 5, since I prefer to compare others to myself. Whereas someone might say I am atleast an 8 or a 3.

ReputationRep:
    1) No
    2) Not really
    3) Going to uni soon
    4) I'd say I'm about an 8 or a 9 due to my amazing ability to understand and comprehend concepts
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

1) Yes.
    2) Yes, but intelligence is hard to define. My father is "traditionally" intelligent and my mother isn't stupid, but more keen on sentiments, relationships, people, etc.
    3) Yes.
    4) 10, in my own way.

ReputationRep:

1) Not really. I know my Dad was on course to do so, but due to his poor deteriorating health, it ultimately didn't work out. Besides, he's a very secretive person, so who knows what else he hasn't informed my brother and/or I of himself.
    2) Intellect comes in different ways and I know for certain my Dad was brilliant academically unlike my Mum. However, if you were to ask me about Intellegence in terms of Common Sense and Everyday Application, my Mum is head over heels over my Dad.
    3) I wouldn't say I want to but I'm a fairly realist person so in regards to my future, I would have to say Yes. I'm still doing my Advanced Subsidiary Levels at the moment though, so I'm still about a crucial couple of years away.
    4) Like I hinted earlier, Intellect is a rather diverse topic to touch upon, but I, for one, definitely believe that Education really is not a matter of the scale of Intellegence but more so on the adaption and in providing a rather splendidly pressured and torturous latter teenage life claiming to be 'supportive' and 'beneficial' to our futures. Getting back to the question, I would say an average 6/10 maybe. Academic-wise, I may be a touch higher or so I've been told countless times, but in terms of Practical Application, I'm afraid I'm worse than even the most relatively poor ones at this field. If I were to spend a majority my time on studying and all though, I'm confident a 10/10 would be easily within the grasp of my fingers but Procrastination is my expertise.

"Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it would live its whole life believing it is stupid." - Quote from the Genius himself, Albert Einstein.
    "Everyone is born a Genius of their own unique kind and specialty, and hence this is what makes everyone extraordinary." - Quote from R. Buckminster Fuller modified by I, yours truly.

I hope this will help you in your research and all the best from here!

ReputationRep:
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. 7

ReputationRep:
    1) No
    2) Yes
    3) Yes - I have been to uni
    4) 8.5

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.