Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone actually wear a suit everyday to university? And carry a briefcase alongside with it. Students I mean, not staff.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen anyone do so

Ishygddt
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Drayagon)
    Does anyone actually wear a suit everyday to university? And carry a briefcase alongside with it. Students I mean, not staff.
    You wont even see that many staff - the only "students" I ever saw in suits were applicants attending interview (looking ridiculously uncomfortable and overdressed compared to the interviewers in jeans)

ReputationRep:
    You work it out !

There are over 7 billion people on this planet, how likely is it that at least 1 of these people wear a suit and carry a briefcase to Uni ?

Do the maths !

Boring thread is boring

ReputationRep:
    Yeah full three piece suit and bow tie

H8erz gona H8

Name:  JRM.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  71.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    There was a guy who wore a suit + top hat combo during my undergrad lol

Was known as "top hat man".

ReputationRep:
    If I saw someone doing that I would probably just assume they were on the autistic spectrum.

ReputationRep:
    A guy did this on the very first lecture of my masters. Full suit, tie, briefcase, etc. The next day he turned up wearing a hoody and the suit and briefcase were never seen again.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    In my politics classes, no. In my economics lectures, YEAH. I hate wannabe bankers so much...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No one at my uni wears one. My lecturers are in jeans and a t-shirt too. I've not actually seen many staff in "smart" office wear. Everyone pretty much wears jeans, sometimes people wear a smart shirt too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    Briefcase w*nker.

ReputationRep:
    When i studied in Germany, i saw quite a few turn up to class in smart suits. It was actually expected also if you had to give a presentation.

Every day for undergraduate lectures it's very unlikely. For post-graduate post-experience courses it's common, especially in business-related studies.

It's common to wear a suit for societies, presentations, interviews and on-campus recruitment events.

ReputationRep:
    I always wear a suit and at Derby University, we have another person who very famously wears suits from the 1920s and sports a moustache so fine that clearly the angels in heaven provided him to come down and give hope to us that cannot grow such spectacular facial hair.

I just wear a suit because when a man looks this fine, he wants to stand out. You don't hide a candle under a bush, knaimean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I saw one guy do that. Looked like a bit of a nob tbh
    Which university?

ReputationRep:
    A few times I’ve worn a suit, mainly because I’d come straight from an interview/work and hadn’t had time to get changed, or going straight to an event after.

I’ve also worn a suit for presentations/society promotions (business related!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drayagon)
    One of the students in my course used to turn up in full tribal gear sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    OMG I was gonna do that

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.