Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wearing suits and carrying a briefcase to university Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drayagon)
    Does anyone actually wear a suit everyday to university? And carry a briefcase alongside with it. Students I mean, not staff.
    One of the students in my course used to turn up in full tribal gear sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
    OMG I was gonna do that

ReputationRep:
    If you're really posh, you'll roll into lectures in your dressing gown and slippers just to show the common man how little you care for his opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drayagon)
    Does anyone actually wear a suit everyday to university? And carry a briefcase alongside with it. Students I mean, not staff.
    I like to dress somewhat smart when going to study, I haven't seen many people in suits and briefcases, except for a group on one day, but I say you wear what you wanna wear at the end of the day (as long as it's compliant with university policy and decent), and not fully suited but a relaxed kind of tie and suit is a good looking piece of clothing, backpack is much more comfortable than a briefcase though,I'd prefer a backpack but wouldn't mind a suit as long as you're not uncomfortable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    One of the students in my course used to turn up in full tribal gear sometimes.
    Did you study at SOAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cravez)
    Did you study at SOAS?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never wear a suit but I'd be tempted to go in wearing a ball gown or some sort of elegant evening dress.

ReputationRep:
    here are the NK students... they are practising with imaginary briefcases:

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/...creenshot1.png

ReputationRep:
    Some people totally do that (I’ve heard and seen at my uni too). I REALLY don’t see why people judge based on this; some people just like looking smart.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Ive seen one and the other. Suit was from being interviewed, so fair excuse imo.
    Briefcases have always thought they were a bit impractical, especially with laptops, then I think they are a rarity..

ReputationRep:
    Yes. And that person is now on a TC at Linklaters, so who knows.

ReputationRep:
    don't forget the fedora OP

ReputationRep:
    Somebody delete this damn thread, everytime I log onto tsr I get this stupid stupid thread come up, even though I've already seen it

ReputationRep:
    I do have one guy in my lecture class who wears a suit and carries a briefcase. He's an international student and very mature (like 50 years old) but apart from that I've not seen younger people
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    A guy did this on the very first lecture of my masters. Full suit, tie, briefcase, etc. The next day he turned up wearing a hoody and the suit and briefcase were never seen again.
    It's possible he felt too out of place, I know when I started at college I begged my mum to let me wear a tracksuit as I was the only one on the course wearing jeans and a formal shirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaannxxx)
    He's an international student and very mature (like 50 years old) but apart from that I've not seen younger people
    Ngl he sounds like a classy guy. Rocking up to a lecture in a suit + briefcase combo at 50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaannxxx)
    I do have one guy in my lecture class who wears a suit and carries a briefcase. He's an international student and very mature (like 50 years old) but apart from that I've not seen younger people
    (Original post by iPhone X)
    It's possible he felt too out of place, I know when I started at college I begged my mum to let me wear a tracksuit as I was the only one on the course wearing jeans and a formal shirt.
    (Original post by CTLevers)
    Ngl he sounds like a classy guy. Rocking up to a lecture in a suit + briefcase combo at 50.
    Some odd delete this Gay **** sucking piece of shut thread so that every time I log onto tsr I don't have to see it. I've already viewed it like 10 times and still it has not ducking gone away
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Cleverboy1991)
    Some odd delete this Gay **** sucking piece of shut thread so that every time I log onto tsr I don't have to see it. I've already viewed it like 10 times and still it has not ducking gone away
    So don't keep replying to it.

And then unwatch it.

ReputationRep:
    lol obviously don't wear a suit or take a briefcase to lectures OP. People will think you're weird.

(Original post by Cleverboy1991)
    No-one cares.

ReputationRep:
    Just wear some decent jeans and a nice jacket

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.