The Student Room Group

Struggling with weight loss for years

I'm male, 25, 115kg. 4 months ago I was 106kg in my last period of "success"
I can't keep a diet up for longer than a day, maybe three. I've had three bouts of success where I managed to keep it up for a month or maybe more.
I try to eat 1200 calories
When I fail, I get frustrated and stop eating all together until I have a ridiculously bad binge.
I eat out of loneliness + boredom I think. I don't go out and have no friends
and of course, it's not healthy food i'm eating, it's always something tasty.

I don't know what to do, it seems like when I am more "mindful" and intentionally not wastefully consuming calories, I do better. But I can't keep it up for long. I constantly remind myself I'm not actually hungry and eventually fail anyway.

I've been referred to a weight clinic but not heard anything yet, I'd definitely be anorexic at this point if I didn't like food/eating food so much.

I doubt there's much new information for me to gain here but it can't hurt to try I suppose.
Suppose it's worth mentioning depression anxiety and sleep problems (a lot of the time can't/don't want to sleep until I can't keep my eyes open anymore)
1200 is stupidly low honestly, losing weight is a marathon- go into a 300~ calorie deficiency and the weight loss will be slow and steady. you also wont hate yourself because you wont be hungry all the time, this might stop the binging.
also get to the gym- if you havent been for a while its totally possible to gain muscle and lose body fat at the same time-perfect combo for quick progress
Firstly, I hate the word "diet" - it's a set up for failure. What you need to do is change your lifestyle. If you eat a lot of crisps / chocolate and drink a lot of fizzy juice, stop or at least cut down. The biggest part of your plate at meal time should be vegetables and especially green ones. If you need to fry, don't use oil - buy a spray like Fry Light. It is so easy to make a few simple changes that will really help.
Hahahahahahahaha How The **** Can't You Lose Weight Hahahaha ***** Just Walk Away From The Kitchen Like ***** Just Stop Eating Haha
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Hahahahahahahaha How The **** Can't You Lose Weight Hahahaha ***** Just Walk Away From The Kitchen Like ***** Just Stop Eating Haha

Is there really any need?
Have you used an app like My Fitness Pal?
Don't focus everything on the food side of things. Get more exercise. Walk. Don't take the lift. Try and be active. Take up a sport. Go running. Alongside that, drink plenty of water. If you have to snack have small portions of nuts, and cut out the takeaways (if that's a problem). Find recipes for chicken and fish which you like and find out what's a sensible portion size. Read food nutrition labels on items in the supermarket and don't just buy 'tasty' stuff. You can do this. Don't expect overnight results, it will take time. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest