The Student Room Group

Is N.V.Q compulsary to be a carer.

Is it compulsory to have N.V.Q to be a carer, I have been doing this work now for over 20 year's and now might have to give my job up as I am 57 year's old now and really do not have the time or the patience to study again. Hoping for a reply. Thankyou.
Reply 1
Hello,

I've been doing care work for just over two years now, and from my experience, it depends on the organisation you're working for. Most employers usually encourage their care workers to do NVQs, but at the end of the day, it will still be your choice. I would say the best way to find out is to ask your current employer or your prospective employers what is their policy regarding NVQs.

I just recently found out I couldn't do NVQS because I'm studying full time.

I hope you find this helpful.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by danni_m5
Hello,

I've been doing care work for just over two years now, and from my experience, it depends on the organisation you're working for. Most employers usually encourage their care workers to do NVQs, but at the end of the day, it will still be your choice. I would say the best way to find out is to ask your current employer or your prospective employers what is their policy regarding NVQs.

I just recently found out I couldn't do NVQS because I'm studying full time.

I hope you find this helpful.

Good luck! :smile:
Thankyou for getting back to me, I found it very helpful.:smile::smile:

Quick Reply