The Student Room Group

Third year nursing...

I am in my final year of nursing everything all completed. Passed my exams and assignment for final year first time... however failed my disso due to poor support and other factors. I have now been told I will not graduate. Has anyone been in a similar position and what could my options be?
Original post by bvd19
I am in my final year of nursing everything all completed. Passed my exams and assignment for final year first time... however failed my disso due to poor support and other factors. I have now been told I will not graduate. Has anyone been in a similar position and what could my options be?

You need to request to see the policy for withdrawal from your course and look through it very carefully. I would also strongly recommend that you discuss with your tutor asap so that they can also look into ways around this.

Depending what the factors are that you feel caused you to fail, it may be appropriate to appeal your grade. This is, again, a formal process you would need to go through. If you have only failed by a small margin, I would certainly recommend that you ask for a review of your grading.

What your options are really does depend on so many factors but generally you would need to either appeal your grade, or resit your dissertation. Resitting would either mean you needed to redo the whole of your third year, or, depending on what the university can facilitate, you my be able to redo your dissertation over the winter and graduate in the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending