Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi am I able to apply for a second student loan to complete a BA(Hons) Social work
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Therudders)
    Hi am I able to apply for a second student loan to complete a BA(Hons) Social work
    Hi Therudders,

In order to answer your question I'd need a bit more information.

When you say 'a second student loan' have you already had funding to gain a qualification and looking to top up to the Honours?

Or did you leave a course and now looking to finish off the qualification?

Thanks,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    Hi Stuart

I had a student loan to complete my first degree BA(Hons) Health & Social care and I am now half way through my BA (Hons) Social work degree which I am doing with the OU , I have completed 3 modules through funding recieved from my employee via a bursary but have now been told to complete the qualification (3 more modules) I have to fund it myself, which is why I was emquiring about another student loan.

Many thanks
    Fiona
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Therudders)
    Hi Stuart

I had a student loan to complete my first degree BA(Hons) Health & Social care and I am now half way through my BA (Hons) Social work degree which I am doing with the OU , I have completed 3 modules through funding recieved from my employee via a bursary but have now been told to complete the qualification (3 more modules) I have to fund it myself, which is why I was emquiring about another student loan.

Many thanks
    Fiona
    Hi Therudders,

If you are studying Social Work as a second degree, if you are studying full time, you can apply to be income assessed and awarded a Maintenanace Loan and Supplementary Grants if applicable, but will not be eligible for the Tuition Fee loan, due to having an equivalent level qualification (ELQ).

OU courses attract part time funding. Part Time study attracts only a loan to cover the Tuition Fee only, there is no maintenance support with a part - time application. Having an ELQ, would make you inelligible for the tuition fee.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.