Turn on thread page Beta

NHS bank - Healthcare assistant watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Ive just been accepted on the NHS bank, im awaiting my training and I need some help.

Do i need special pens or one of those little pocket watches?
    Black lace up shoes? (can they be trainers?)
    Do you have to get changed at the hospital into uniform?

Any other tips will be greatly received

x

ReputationRep:
    How did you join them?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I applied on NHS jobs for bank staff, got the interview and read a book on healthcare that I got off Amazon, that impressed them and helped me answer the questions.

ReputationRep:
    Right, applications for HCA banking are opening on the 5th of February where I live. Can I ask what the name of the book you've read was?

Thanking you for your guidance.

M
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Bank Healthcare Assistants are just the same as normal Healthcare Assistants except they may not have a fixed shift pattern as they pick their own shifts. Because of this, they are still likely to need all the equipment that a full time HCA needs, including the pocket watch due to infection control procedures. Most uniforms are provided for staff to get changed into in their own time but hospital trusts may have their own procedures meaning that you do have to change at the hospital, it’s best to check with the trust about this, this is also the case for trainers as hospital trusts will have their own requirements for this.

Have a good day,
    Pat :-)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.