Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently working towards my MSc application for 2018 and still haven't decided what would be my first choice between Nottingham Trent Uni and UoNottingham.. My aim is to develop my knowledge as well as skills, so work experience at the end of this achievement will be a bonus! The problem is that I would love to study Finance in UON due to their reputation but Trent too because of their placement opportunities, links with employers and price differences. If anyone has any crucial information that could help me make this important decision please share it, it will be very much appreciated! Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessSe95)
    I am currently working towards my MSc application for 2018 and still haven't decided what would be my first choice between Nottingham Trent Uni and UoNottingham.. My aim is to develop my knowledge as well as skills, so work experience at the end of this achievement will be a bonus! The problem is that I would love to study Finance in UON due to their reputation but Trent too because of their placement opportunities, links with employers and price differences. If anyone has any crucial information that could help me make this important decision please share it, it will be very much appreciated! Thanks
    Hi jessSe95

That's great to hear you're thinking about studying with us at NTU!

When it comes to PG study it's all down to what's really going to help you get ahead career-wise, and that's up to you really. Take the time to compare what both universities are offering as material on the course, and what you would be most interested in studying.

Whilst there is a certain prestige associated with Red Brick unis, experience and relationships with industry are invaluable really and can go a long way when it comes to looking for employment after finishing your Masters. This is what I found anyway when I finished my MSc with Nottingham Business School at NTU.

There's the opportunity as part of your final project to work with local companies or in the wider industry, and they even offer the opportunity for a 2 year course with one year in placement. I have a friend currently doing this, and they've already offered her a permanent position for when she finishes in September. I appreciate this may not always be the case but it's certainly something worth thinking about.

Here are some previous students' experiences with the Finance course if you'd like to have a read through? Hopefully they can shed some more light for you on how the course works.

Christopher Sutcliffe
    Ha Xuan Thuy
    Trung Hieu Nguyen

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know!

Thanks

Matt - NTU PG TSR Rep
    Connect with NTU
    Keep up with our daily stories on Facebook.
    Follow our Twitter for student news.
    Explore our campuses with Instagram.
    See what life at NTU is like on our Youtube.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.