Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

Interested to find other postgraduate applicants to York Uni and to see where you're at in your application.

I have applied for a Master's in Cognitive Neuroscience on 25th of September and my reference was submitted today by my lecturer so the wait continues!

Anyone received an offer/rejection yet or know when they usually happen? X

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer for MSc Health Economics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caprice15)
    Just received an offer for MSc Health Economics!
    Awesome congrats, will you be accepting it or have you applied elsewhere too? I got my offer too back on the 17th of October x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erinaceousxo)
    Awesome congrats, will you be accepting it or have you applied elsewhere too? I got my offer too back on the 17th of October x

I am still waiting to hear back from a few places but will most likely accept York. What about you?

Do you know what the deadline is for accepting the offer? My offer letter doesn't state by when I need to accept - just "as soon as possible"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caprice15)
    I am still waiting to hear back from a few places but will most likely accept York. What about you?

Do you know what the deadline is for accepting the offer? My offer letter doesn't state by when I need to accept - just "as soon as possible"
    The same as me, waiting to hear back on 2 other applications but not holding out too much hope for them haha so will likely accept York as it's a lovely place

I'm not too sure either when it needs to be accepted by, mine says the same as yours does. I'll probably be accepting in January/February/ as soon as I hear back from the other places x

ReputationRep:
    Applied for a PhD in York, formally registered with chemistry but will be working with biology as well

Just got called for an interview (first two weeks of December), so I guess the process is different from Master's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MickeyOllyLee)
    Applied for a PhD in York, formally registered with chemistry but will be working with biology as well

Just got called for an interview (first two weeks of December), so I guess the process is different from Master's
    Ah I see, at least it's not too long to wait really for the interview then have you applied elsewhere too? Fingers crossed for the interview! x

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, at least it's not too long to wait really for the interview then have you applied elsewhere too? Fingers crossed for the interview! x
    Cheers, I applied for direct entry (no associated funding) so it's probably a bit unusual haha

And yah applied for an MSc in Bristol, and a few other places for PhDs (Oxford, Bristol, Edinburgh, probably sending an application to Leeds as well).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MickeyOllyLee)
    Cheers, I applied for direct entry (no associated funding) so it's probably a bit unusual haha

And yah applied for an MSc in Bristol, and a few other places for PhDs (Oxford, Bristol, Edinburgh, probably sending an application to Leeds as well).
    Nice! Well good luck with your applications & let us know how you get on at interview

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, jus saw that you are applying for cognitive neuroscience! I'm currently on that course so feel free to ask me any questions about it!

Also when I applied earlier this year (April) I got a response fairly quickly it was within a month I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zactopus)
    Hiya, jus saw that you are applying for cognitive neuroscience! I'm currently on that course so feel free to ask me any questions about it!

Also when I applied earlier this year (April) I got a response fairly quickly it was within a month I think.
    Oh that'd be really great actually thanks! So I've been wondering about the timetabling, like how many hours a week would you say are in lectures/lab sessions etc.? Also how are you finding the workload? And lastly what is your impression of the course as a whole, like are there any stand out aspects of it? Thanks in advance, that'll be super helpful information! Yeah they were quick with my offer too, heard back just over two weeks afters applying which was good, helped to alleviate some of the stress haha x

ReputationRep:
    Oh that'd be really great actually thanks! So I've been wondering about the timetabling, like how many hours a week would you say are in lectures/lab sessions etc.? Also how are you finding the workload? And lastly what is your impression of the course as a whole, like are there any stand out aspects of it? Thanks in advance, that'll be super helpful information! Yeah they were quick with my offer too, heard back just over two weeks afters applying which was good, helped to alleviate some of the stress haha x
    Timetabling is alright actually you usually have about 10 contact hours a week. Most of peoples free time seems to go into the programming course and the statistics course . so far the workload isn't so bad but you do need to dedicate a lot of time to the programming because you will run into a lot of errors XD

Im really enjoying the course so far. my favourite modules are the programming module and the basic principles of neuroimaging module. they are really great. If you haven't been to York before the lecturers are really good very enthusiastic about their subject it makes it really easy to love the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zactopus)
    Timetabling is alright actually you usually have about 10 contact hours a week. Most of peoples free time seems to go into the programming course and the statistics course . so far the workload isn't so bad but you do need to dedicate a lot of time to the programming because you will run into a lot of errors XD

Im really enjoying the course so far. my favourite modules are the programming module and the basic principles of neuroimaging module. they are really great. If you haven't been to York before the lecturers are really good very enthusiastic about their subject it makes it really easy to love the course.
    Okay, brilliant thanks for the reply and good luck with the course! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.