The Student Room Group

Molds for Braces

Apparently they are disgusting and make you vomit. How did you overcome it.
I'm not sure but a lot of orthodontists don't do that anymore they scan your teeth digitally:smile:
Reply 2
it only lasts a few minutes idk... it's not that bad
Mine used it. Deep breathes and try not to move about too much.
Reply 4
I didn't do anything to overcome it. It didn't make me vomit.

You'll be fine.
Original post by samira631
Apparently they are disgusting and make you vomit. How did you overcome it.

They don't trust me. I had mine done a few months back. I head it would be bad but honestly its fine. I didn't gag or anything, it's just a little uncomfortable. It only lasts a min or so :smile:
my orthodontist found a pressure point on the bit between the bones in my thumb and first finger on my left hand to stop me from gagging, other than that just breathe through ur nose and think about something else
It's not that bad. Try to relax and think about something else then it will all be over.
Reply 8
Thanks guys coulld you tell your experience of braces like a step by step of what happened and what it felt like. And do they HURT sooo much when u first get them on
Reply 9
They hurt quite a lot at the start, but you can get brace wax to help with that and the pain dies down pretty quick after you get them on, especially overnight
It just takes a bit of time to get used to having them. I ended up eating really slowly at first, but you soon learn how to get bits out of them with your tongue... :biggrin:

Definitely use the wax if they're rubbing your gums though - it really helps. Mine usually just were uncomfortable for the first day or so after they were tightened.
Reply 11
How do you brush behind the braces so i am just soo curious and excited.
Reply 12

You can use an orthodontic toothbrush, it's just a normal toothbrush with a smaller head on the end, to get between the bar and mouthwash definitely helps too. My orthodontist actually recommended a dental water jet but that's pretty expensive when toothpicks and normal toothbrushes do the job fine.
I didn't find the mold process a bad experience at all.

You will likely feel a lot of pressure from the braces - I did every time they were tightened every 6 weeks. Like other commenters say, the wax will be your friend as they will stop any wires from irritating your inner mouth/gums.

I used interdental brushes - they are small, long, thin brushes that come in varying sizes. Very useful for cleaning in between the teeth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending