Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Resitting a year, want to move abroad, out of options???? Watch

ReputationRep:
    BACKGROUND:
    Currently at medical school - passed 1st year, failed one module of 2nd year due to a serious personal circumstance (university accepted this but made me take a year out to redo the module), passed 2nd year, failed 3rd year (failed one module by 1 point, exam board accepted that there was fault with the exam but still will not let me progress)

Now they want me to take another year out to just complete that module, then go on to 4th and 5th year.

Currently feeling very unmotivated and unsupported - have had series of personal circumstances which have been discussed with university but no support given for the last 3 years. Added issue is that I really don't want to stay in the city I am in if I can help it - if there are options to get out I would much prefer.

From where i am standing my options are:
    - Complete this 3rd year module then drop out with unclassified degree - would I be able to go onto masters or any good job prospects or is that a shut door? (really hard to accept that it will be unclassified degree considering all my results will be >60% which would equate to 2:1 in any other degree)
    - Complete 3rd year module, work for the rest of the year, then carry on with medicine for next 2 years
    - One helpful woman at university has also said that due to personal circumstances she would thoroughly support me in requesting a transfer to another medical school (seemingly impossible but she says my circumstances might help)

Other complication is that although I don't have citizenship or residency, my family is based in the Caribbean. That is where I want to be, the plan was to complete medical school and move out there as I cannot get a job there without qualifications, however now its looking like I might need to do FY1 and FY2 here anyway. Could try and transfer to medical school there although fees are high for internationals.

BASICALLY, pretty lost and confused. Please help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.