Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would I still be able to do dentistry with biology, psychology and Health and Social care as A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous768)
    Would I still be able to do dentistry with biology, psychology and Health and Social care as A levels
    chemistry is a must both for dentistry and medicine look at the list of dental schools and see any that accept students without chemistry ( unfortunately I dont think there are any)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous768)
    No, not at all, ever. A-level chemistry is 100% compulsory and non-negotiable for dentistry, you won't find any university that will accept you without it.

(Original post by hashman)
    chemistry is a must both for dentistry and medicine look at the list of dental schools and see any that accept students without chemistry ( unfortunately I dont think there are any)
    There aren't any, all medical and dental schools 100% require A-level chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Some medical schools like East Anglia say Biology or Chemistry but the others say AND chemistry so yeah. I’m not really sure about dentistry though; the best course of action would be to ring up the admissions teams for each university that you’re considering and explain your situation to them. They’re really helpful and friendly.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychoIsaac)
    Some medical schools like East Anglia say Biology or Chemistry but the others say AND chemistry so yeah. I’m really sure about dentistry though; the best course of action would be to ring up the admissions teams for each university that you’re considering and explain your situation to them. They’re really helpful and friendly.
    The medical schools that say biology or chemistry state that if you don't have chemistry at A2 then it absolutely must be taken at AS level. They prefer you to have it to A2 anyway. There's only a few that state this and the rest 100% need chemistry to A2.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.