Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Been in a relationship for a year and a half I'm in love with my boyfriend and I know he is too.
    Sometimes when he's out in his car or things like that I would think to myself omg imagine he's with a girl in his car or things like this. I don't think this all the time only sometimes why ? I'm driving myself insane. When people like someone so much they do get paranoid ect but when will this end. Is this normal ? Could I get any advice on this please. Even help to stop thinking like this.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Has he done anything for you to lose trust over him?

ReputationRep:
    Busy yourself with other stuff. Needy behavior is a big turn-off whether it comes from a guy or a girl. When you are busy with other stuff you won't have time to think about whether he is cheating or not.

(Original post by UWS)
    No not really there's been rumours but the girl st the end admitted she lied and he didn't do anything with her and it was strictly business

(Original post by UWS)
    But he didn't tell me he does his business with girls so that had made me loose trust. Like I said it's barely that. I think like this
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But he didn't tell me he does his business with girls so that had made me loose trust. Like I said it's barely that. I think like this
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No not really there's been rumours but the girl st the end admitted she lied and he didn't do anything with her and it was strictly business
    What kind of business? Work stuff? If so then you are overthinking it and your insecurity will only push him away.

You should trust your boyfriend, considering you've been together for over a year. How did you manage to trust him so far?

(Original post by UWS)
    What kind of business? Work stuff? If so then you are overthinking it and your insecurity will only push him away.

You should trust your boyfriend, considering you've been together for over a year. How did you manage to trust him so far?
    For 7months probably I didn't think of anything I never doubted or anything , I'm more into him now I guess it could be that or that I'm abit insecure because of how much I love him?

I think is normal to often occasionally feel some form of jealousy or protectiveness over a partner, however, you did say its driving you insane. I would think you have some feelings of mistrust that you are either denying or not putting to bed basically. You may have spoken to him about the rumours but they are probably still lurking in your unconscious mind. You need to find a way to honestly and truly trust that is he was not doing anything with that other girl.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.