Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am in Sixth Form and today a really confusing incident happened today, I needed to go to my computer science teacher as she wanted to see me at lunchtime to do some catch up work, the doors for my school's computer department are normally locked at break and lunchtime(Dunno why as I am new to the school), one member of staff(Not a teacher, just one of them teachers responsible for "behavior management") opened the doors to let himself in, I saw my chance to get in so I took as the others would, he then turned around and said to me in a loud voice "What are you doing here?", I replied to him "I am here to see my teacher", this is where he started behaving like a ****head, he replied to me in the worst possible way, he said to me "No, you are not allowed to be here, wait outside for the teacher to pick you up(Didn't make sense to me, how is the teacher supposed to know you have come if you wait outside?)GO AWAY, JUST GO OUTSIDE, GO AWAY" and I was like WTF is this guy's problem?

I replied to him by saying "But I am here to see my teacher regarding some work", he then said back "Hmf, just go away", wow what a professional reply from someone in charge of behaviour management, I then replied to him "Why should I go away? I am here to see my teacher regarding some work as she called me in at lunchtime, ask her if you don't believe me", and then I believe this was his pathetic attempt to win the argument, he then said to me "Why are you following me then?", I was like seriously this guy has problems, I said to him back "I am not following you, I was about to go to my teacher but you are the one making me stand to argue with you", he then gave his last reply saying "FINE, just go" and we both went to our separate ways, I seriously cannot believe that a member of staff in the school will tell you to go away in a rude way just because you were there to get some help from your teacher, if this guy behaved like this in my old school he would have been in trouble as none of my old school's staff would tell their students to "go away" if they need help regarding their work. Was this member of staff really right to behave like that to me in this way?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am in Sixth Form and today a really confusing incident happened today, I needed to go to my computer science teacher as she wanted to see me at lunchtime to do some catch up work, the doors for my school's computer department are normally locked at break and lunchtime(Dunno why as I am new to the school), one member of staff(Not a teacher, just one of them teachers responsible for "behavior management" opened the doors to let himself in, I saw my chance to get in so I took as the others would, he then turned around and said to me in a loud voice "What are you doing here?", I replied to him "I am here to see my teacher", this is where he started behaving like a ****head, he replied to me in the worst possible way, he said to me "No, you are not allowed to be here, wait outside for the teacher to pick you up(Didn't make sense to me, how is the teacher supposed to know you have come if you wait outside?)GO AWAY, JUST GO OUTSIDE, GO AWAY" and I was like WTF is this guy's problem?

I replied to him by saying "But I am here to see my teacher regarding some work", he then said back "Hmf, just go away", wow what a professional reply from someone in charge of behaviour management, I then replied to him "Why should I go away? I am here to see my teacher regarding some work as she called me in at lunchtime, ask her if you don't believe me", and then I believe this was his pathetic attempt to win the argument, he then said to me "Why are you following me then?", I was like seriously this guy has problems, I said to him back "I am not following you, I was about to go to my teacher but you are the one making me stand to argue with you", he then gave his last reply saying "FINE, just go" and we both went to our separate ways, I seriously cannot believe that a member of staff in the school will tell you to go away in a rude way just because you were there to get some help from your teacher, if this guy behaved like this in my old school he would have been in trouble as none of my old school's staff would tell their students to "go away" if they need help regarding their work. Was this member of staff really right to behave like that to me in this way?

Although I'm not justifying how he handled it, it looks like it happened because he saw you trying to get in somewhere that was locked by dashing in as he was entering.. which looks suspicious. Also most likely your school will have pretty strict rules on hanging around corridors, locked areas etc so he was probably right to tell you to leave (without knowing about your arrangement) but the handling wasn't correct. Next time I would ask for them to let the teacher know you are there and would like to be let in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.