Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here a fan of kpop? and are you like open about it because I keep it a secret. Everyone would proabbly cuss me if they found out as I dont seem like a person who would looool. I love Bigbang, BTS, and EXO!

ReputationRep:
    Same, but it like k-hiphop better like jay park, dok2 and so on. Before people found it weird but now everyone seems to like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ymxoxo)
    Is anyone here a fan of kpop? and are you like open about it because I keep it a secret. Everyone would proabbly cuss me if they found out as I dont seem like a person who would looool. I love Bigbang, BTS, and EXO!

i am, it is not common in my area or at uni. i have finished uni and it is a shame i didn't have any kpop friends during uni! haa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by underxxted)
    Same, but it like k-hiphop better like jay park, dok2 and so on. Before people found it weird but now everyone seems to like it
    I love k-hipop tooI thought kpop was so strange and creepy at first but now I love it omg

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Look at my username and then let's talk
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I love k-hipop tooI thought kpop was so strange and creepy at first but now I love it omg
    It grows on you

ReputationRep:
    BTS // ZionT // Taeyang // G-DRAGON // Day6 // Some of Exo

Idk why people should keep it a secret anymore.

Despacito / BTS won social artist billboards, it allows so much exposure to why people should be open about KPOP, now.

Billboards are now tweeting about BTS new releases etc. 🔥💥👏👏👏👏👏

C’mon BTS, LOVE YOURSELF and the stunning FIRE dances in next BBMA’s would ‘wow’ the new audience. 😱
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Korean at uni and I get enough abuse for it as it is lol. Whenever I've mentioned to someone that I like kpop they stop taking me/my decisions seriously anymore, despite getting into kpop after deciding Korean was what I wanted to study ughhh. So I mostly don't mention it unless someone asks me specifically, and if they seem like they're genuinely interested in kpop too, rather than just trying to make a joke out of it. Luckily my sister is really into it too so at home we can kinda just jam out together.

It's actually really frustrating tbh. People that I'm not close with but are in my year are really interested in what I'm applying for, in fact I've had 3 different people ask me about the course just this week, but my friends seem to think it's a joke whenever kpop comes into it and think it's the only reason I'm doing it. Like yeah, of course I'm spending £37,000 in tuition and paying to live in London just because I like songs in a different language???

Sorry, I'm just ranting now haha but I'm so glad it's starting to become more mainstream here! I love some Dean, Jay Park, Crush, BTS, G-Dragon, an occasional bit of Shinee.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Music.

ReputationRep:
    yess exo and bts are amazing and big bang are literal kings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellala)
    I'm applying for Korean at uni and I get enough abuse for it as it is lol. Whenever I've mentioned to someone that I like kpop they stop taking me/my decisions seriously anymore, despite getting into kpop after deciding Korean was what I wanted to study ughhh. So I mostly don't mention it unless someone asks me specifically, and if they seem like they're genuinely interested in kpop too, rather than just trying to make a joke out of it. Luckily my sister is really into it too so at home we can kinda just jam out together.

It's actually really frustrating tbh. People that I'm not close with but are in my year are really interested in what I'm applying for, in fact I've had 3 different people ask me about the course just this week, but my friends seem to think it's a joke whenever kpop comes into it and think it's the only reason I'm doing it. Like yeah, of course I'm spending £37,000 in tuition and paying to live in London just because I like songs in a different language???

Sorry, I'm just ranting now haha but I'm so glad it's starting to become more mainstream here! I love some Dean, Jay Park, Crush, BTS, G-Dragon, an occasional bit of Shinee.
    Hey, don't worry about it. I get teased by my parents and friends about my interest in the country too, but it's mostly in good humour (hopefully). The fact is that also considering Japan/ Korea studies at Uni too. It just adds fuel to fire, but I don't care. By studying this I'll get to study in depth cultures that I love and increase my understanding of the world.
    I was lucky enough to visit Seoul for a couple of days last year and it was absolutely amazing. The culture there is so rich and the people really nice- so press on my friend!

I love a bit of Dean and SHINee, along with IU, Suran and MAMAMOO. TBH I love all of the groups/ artists I've come across so... yeah!
    Good luck!
    Bai!

ReputationRep:
    My friend dragged me into Kpop 2 years ago ^^ I don't try to hide it, but at the same time I don't go around telling people and asking if they like Kpop, because that's just kinda awkward...

(Original post by umbrellala)

I had another friend who wasn't really into Kpop, and she thought it was kinda weird at first as well. She's also Asian but at the time she was quite "westernised" and wasn't really into Asian music and Asian guys. But eventually we managed to drag her down with us ^_^ Now her bias is V and she's going out with an Asian guy \^O^/
    The end

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.