Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’m a year 10 student currently looking for work experience places but not really sure where to look. Could someone advise me where to look?

ReputationRep:
    Just call up business/places you'd like to work in / find out what it's like. Try mainly large companies as they will have departments to deal with all the paperwork.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana Gomes)
    Hi, I’m a year 10 student currently looking for work experience places but not really sure where to look. Could someone advise me where to look?
    Your school might have a list of work experience employers or whatever

ReputationRep:
    Hi, first you need to decide what kind of things you would be interested in. Some placements are more competitive than others, for example, police station or newspaper offices, so you will need to apply early.

Once you have decided, research companies that you would be interested and send a letter/email. Explain that you are a student looking for work experience between the specified dates and a little of why you want to work for them.

If you are struggling to land a placement, your school should have a back up list of local employers who are offering placements.

ReputationRep:
    Never do it in a pharmacy - i had work experience last year had to remove all medicines then use spray to clean them without streaks (they were glass) then had to put them on all over again. By the end of the week i cleaned the whole pharmacy and i had no more work then i had to vacuum the ground floor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana Gomes)
    Hi, what are you interested in ?? I am in Year 11 and applying for Investment Banking experience with JP Morgan. It is available for Year 10-13 so if you are interested in banking I would advise you definitely check it out. www.jpmorgan.com/workexperience

ReputationRep:
    Can u do psychology for work experience??

ReputationRep:
    no i dont think you can, im looking into it too, it think it might be classed as a health and safety risk to work in that area. Thats what my teacher told me anyway

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.