Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I'm in year 1, just started uni. I'm a continuing student though, came from foundation year and moved on to another course when that finished. But anyway...I feel really depressed going to uni. I can't click with anyone. Idm the course I guess, but it's just the people. Please don't get me wrong, I'm sure they're nice people, it's just...Idk...

My previous foundation year course was nice, I knew everyone, we all got on well, we were one big happy family.

But in this course, whenever I do group work with others and I voice my opinion and give ideas, they just stare at me and not say anything.

Like, I'm trying to be myself and be nice and all, but I can't click with anyone!

I feel like changing course cause this is ruining my entire experience with the course. Uni just started and I already feel like skipping class... ._. In foundation year I would always go, I found it fun and interesting, but this course, it's just eh...

ReputationRep:
    do you share a flay with people from foundation year? if so then they can be your main friends. I'm sure after while everyone will get used to each other and talk more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarjarbinkss)
    do you share a flay with people from foundation year? if so then they can be your main friends. I'm sure after while everyone will get used to each other and talk more.
    noo, i live at home. I thinking of going back to the other course, but theres a 300 hour placement which will be very hard for me as a carer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jp12)
    Hiya,

I'm in year 1, just started uni. I'm a continuing student though, came from foundation year and moved on to another course when that finished. But anyway...I feel really depressed going to uni. I can't click with anyone. Idm the course I guess, but it's just the people. Please don't get me wrong, I'm sure they're nice people, it's just...Idk...

My previous foundation year course was nice, I knew everyone, we all got on well, we were one big happy family.

But in this course, whenever I do group work with others and I voice my opinion and give ideas, they just stare at me and not say anything.

Like, I'm trying to be myself and be nice and all, but I can't click with anyone!

I feel like changing course cause this is ruining my entire experience with the course. Uni just started and I already feel like skipping class... ._. In foundation year I would always go, I found it fun and interesting, but this course, it's just eh...
    Not sure if this is how it works but if the majority of people there don't know each other everyone will be the same as u in the fact that they are all kinda freaked out away from their friendship norms of the foundstion year. Try and push them out of their comfort zone to talk to you as well as your own and maybe they'll warm up to yoj

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Spearing)
    Not sure if this is how it works but if the majority of people there don't know each other everyone will be the same as u in the fact that they are all kinda freaked out away from their friendship norms of the foundstion year. Try and push them out of their comfort zone to talk to you as well as your own and maybe they'll warm up to yoj
    I guess your right, I'll keep trying for this week too! thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Welcome! Hope you find some friends.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.