Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hate my life... Please give me advice Watch

I really hate my life! I have sooooooo much on my mind and so does anyone else... just know this is only the tip of the ice-berg. I really despise my life because i cant seem to find hope in anything... whether that's from my passion, my family, my course, my past not even from God. Not to be boastful but I'm a very nice, kind and polite person who believes in Karma and in God but... lately I've been losing hope in Karma and God as nothing seems to go right. I started University in another city doing Sport Psychology and unfortunately lost passion for the course and realised there are not enough jobs in that place and it was too far therefore, moving to my city University doing Clinical Technology, and now I feel very dumb because I have started late and do not understand 60% of the things said by the teachers and when I mean I don't understand, I mean it as I'm a person who always scrapes through getting C's in Maths and Science. This is not mentioning my home issues as I grew up without a father meaning my mother had to do everything for me and my brother and she deserves a way better son than me as, she would work just to keep our tummies full... she deserves a lot better than a son who gives his all but never succeeds.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I really hate my life! I have sooooooo much on my mind and so does anyone else... just know this is only the tip of the ice-berg. I really despise my life because i cant seem to find hope in anything... whether that's from my passion, my family, my course, my past not even from God. Not to be boastful but I'm a very nice, kind and polite person who believes in Karma and in God but... lately I've been losing hope in Karma and God as nothing seems to go right. I started University in another city doing Sport Psychology and unfortunately lost passion for the course and realised there are not enough jobs in that place and it was too far therefore, moving to my city University doing Clinical Technology, and now I feel very dumb because I have started late and do not understand 60% of the things said by the teachers and when I mean I don't understand, I mean it as I'm a person who always scrapes through getting C's in Maths and Science. This is not mentioning my home issues as I grew up without a father meaning my mother had to do everything for me and my brother and she deserves a way better son than me as, she would work just to keep our tummies full... she deserves a lot better than a son who gives his all but never succeeds.
    Yoo im not in ur situation or anything but I feel the sameway.

I have a phone laptop and a nice family.
    Still feel crap

Yoo I'm such an ungrateful c*** that doesn't deserve a life

You do. You try hard and put effort in.

You grew up with a single Mum and managed to get into uni. Thats great! You should be proud (and I should be dead )

ReputationRep:
    You are the best to your mum, try to think about her, and you wont be down anymore. Love your mum, love yourself<3
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    look at the positives in ur life
    but hey if u want a side goal if your lacking motivation why not learn a language or get physically fit-works for me when im feeling down

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;74073532]Yoo im not in ur situation or anything but I feel the sameway.

Yoo I'm such an ungrateful c*** that doesn't deserve a life

you dont sound healthy dawg

ReputationRep:
    If you're depressed go to the doctors, get some anti depressants, if you just feel low or worthless then listen to this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8EH1_jZBl4 Kid Cudi - trapped in my mind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCLBGY0huVE Kid Cudi - Mr Rager

anything in this album (man on the moon II) will help, along with man on the moon I Indicud and a kid named cudi. These songs got me through my deepest/lowest points (and judging by the comments, thousands of others too, I'd go as far to say millions.) Listen to it, find some you like, then play it on repeat, worked for me good luck.

ReputationRep:
    It could be worth visiting a counsellor or get a referral from a doctor to a therapist. Universities also have very good support services because most students will have some kind of difficulty during their university career. You mentioned that you believe in God, so it might also be worth going to your church and speaking with a reverend or other church worker or look into church-based support groups. They can be very good listeners and sometimes that's exactly what you need.

Good luck! I hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    first welcome to world and then say thanks to who ever created this site. Today is your lucky day cause i am here ha ha.
    see i made you laugh like a donkey hee hee.

anyway these are the technique or thoughts, which will make your low mood and self esteem go away.
    go and see your GP, counsellor, therapist, see some professional or talk to friend etc

you have not seen nothing yet,

i know a person who has been homeless, neglect, some members his family are disable and some died in accident, he lost his business,
    and never lost his beliefs , he had so many illness but still he struggled and strive.

moral of this is , one day ,
    and trust me everybody has a vision , that one day , my day will come.

And funny enough , it does come , you just hold on and keep faith , and dream of one day.

now after a decade, i met him and now he has got better and got his own house and business and he is looking after his family and helping others as well. so hold on and have faith and patient . take care
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It's a good thing you left your Sport Psychology course as you lost your passion for it and you knew there isn't much available around in that place.

Ask you tutor for help, befriend a top student and ask them for tips, try to get a private tutor? Go on Youtube, Google and type in the topics you don't understand like programming, web technologies etc.

I agree with the others, see a counsellor or your local GP who may refer you to intervention/referral services to tackle your low mood.

Look at the positives, you're at uni, there are hobbies you can partake in, great movies you can watch, places to travel.

I'm sure your mom loves you and keep going for her , let it be your motivation that you will keep going and find a way out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honest Man)
    first welcome to world and then say thanks to who ever created this site. Today is your lucky day cause i am here ha ha.

anyway these are the technique or thoughts, which will make your low mood and self esteem go away.
    go and see your GP, counsellor, therapist, see some professional or talk to friend etc

i know a person who has been homeless, neglect, some members his family are disable and some died in accident, he lost his business,
    and never lost his beliefs , he had so many illness but still he struggled and strive.

And funny enough , it does come , you just hold on and keep faith , and dream of one day.

now after a decade, i met him and now he has got better and got his own house and business and he is looking after his family and helping others as well. so hold on and have faith and patient . take care
    Great advice,,, nothing better than this.....

Every day is a new day,, and keep yourself busy... Everyone is facing lot of problems but only few people share.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honest Man)

Great advice,,, nothing better than this.....

Every day is a new day,, and keep yourself busy... Everyone is facing lot of problems but only few people share.

ReputationRep:
    Develop your observing ego by stepping outside yourself and seeing who you are during the day. How do you come across to others? Do you like what you see? If you don't, modify your behavior.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.