Turn on thread page Beta

I really hate my life! I have sooooooo much on my mind and so does anyone else... just know this is only the tip of the ice-berg. I really despise my life because i cant seem to find hope in anything... whether that's from my passion, my family, my course, my past not even from God. Not to be boastful but I'm a very nice, kind and polite person who believes in Karma and in God but... lately I've been losing hope in Karma and God as nothing seems to go right. I started University in another city doing Sport Psychology and unfortunately lost passion for the course and realised there are not enough jobs in that place and it was too far therefore, moving to my city University doing Clinical Technology, and now I feel very dumb because I have started late and do not understand 60% of the things said by the teachers and when I mean I don't understand, I mean it as I'm a person who always scrapes through getting C's in Maths and Science. This is not mentioning my home issues as I grew up without a father meaning my mother had to do everything for me and my brother and she deserves a way better son than me as, she would work just to keep our tummies full... she deserves a lot better than a son who gives his all but never succeeds.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I really hate my life! I have sooooooo much on my mind and so does anyone else... just know this is only the tip of the ice-berg. I really despise my life because i cant seem to find hope in anything... whether that's from my passion, my family, my course, my past not even from God. Not to be boastful but I'm a very nice, kind and polite person who believes in Karma and in God but... lately I've been losing hope in Karma and God as nothing seems to go right. I started University in another city doing Sport Psychology and unfortunately lost passion for the course and realised there are not enough jobs in that place and it was too far therefore, moving to my city University doing Clinical Technology, and now I feel very dumb because I have started late and do not understand 60% of the things said by the teachers and when I mean I don't understand, I mean it as I'm a person who always scrapes through getting C's in Maths and Science. This is not mentioning my home issues as I grew up without a father meaning my mother had to do everything for me and my brother and she deserves a way better son than me as, she would work just to keep our tummies full... she deserves a lot better than a son who gives his all but never succeeds.
    Yoo im not in ur situation or anything but I feel the sameway.

I have a phone laptop and a nice family.
    Still feel crap

Yoo I'm such an ungrateful c*** that doesn't deserve a life

You do. You try hard and put effort in.

You grew up with a single Mum and managed to get into uni. Thats great! You should be proud (and I should be dead )

ReputationRep:
    You are the best to your mum, try to think about her, and you wont be down anymore. Love your mum, love yourself<3
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    look at the positives in ur life
    but hey if u want a side goal if your lacking motivation why not learn a language or get physically fit-works for me when im feeling down

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;74073532]Yoo im not in ur situation or anything but I feel the sameway.

you dont sound healthy dawg

ReputationRep:
    If you're depressed go to the doctors, get some anti depressants, if you just feel low or worthless then listen to this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8EH1_jZBl4 Kid Cudi - trapped in my mind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCLBGY0huVE Kid Cudi - Mr Rager

anything in this album (man on the moon II) will help, along with man on the moon I Indicud and a kid named cudi. These songs got me through my deepest/lowest points (and judging by the comments, thousands of others too, I'd go as far to say millions.) Listen to it, find some you like, then play it on repeat, worked for me good luck.

ReputationRep:
    It could be worth visiting a counsellor or get a referral from a doctor to a therapist. Universities also have very good support services because most students will have some kind of difficulty during their university career. You mentioned that you believe in God, so it might also be worth going to your church and speaking with a reverend or other church worker or look into church-based support groups. They can be very good listeners and sometimes that's exactly what you need.

Good luck! I hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    first welcome to world and then say thanks to who ever created this site. Today is your lucky day cause i am here ha ha.
    see i made you laugh like a donkey hee hee.

anyway these are the technique or thoughts, which will make your low mood and self esteem go away.
    go and see your GP, counsellor, therapist, see some professional or talk to friend etc

you have not seen nothing yet,

i know a person who has been homeless, neglect, some members his family are disable and some died in accident, he lost his business,
    and never lost his beliefs , he had so many illness but still he struggled and strive.

moral of this is , one day ,
    and trust me everybody has a vision , that one day , my day will come.

And funny enough , it does come , you just hold on and keep faith , and dream of one day.

now after a decade, i met him and now he has got better and got his own house and business and he is looking after his family and helping others as well. so hold on and have faith and patient . take care
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's a good thing you left your Sport Psychology course as you lost your passion for it and you knew there isn't much available around in that place.

Ask you tutor for help, befriend a top student and ask them for tips, try to get a private tutor? Go on Youtube, Google and type in the topics you don't understand like programming, web technologies etc.

I agree with the others, see a counsellor or your local GP who may refer you to intervention/referral services to tackle your low mood.

Look at the positives, you're at uni, there are hobbies you can partake in, great movies you can watch, places to travel.

I'm sure your mom loves you and keep going for her , let it be your motivation that you will keep going and find a way out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honest Man)
    first welcome to world and then say thanks to who ever created this site. Today is your lucky day cause i am here ha ha.

anyway these are the technique or thoughts, which will make your low mood and self esteem go away.
    go and see your GP, counsellor, therapist, see some professional or talk to friend etc

i know a person who has been homeless, neglect, some members his family are disable and some died in accident, he lost his business,
    and never lost his beliefs , he had so many illness but still he struggled and strive.

And funny enough , it does come , you just hold on and keep faith , and dream of one day.

now after a decade, i met him and now he has got better and got his own house and business and he is looking after his family and helping others as well. so hold on and have faith and patient . take care
    Great advice,,, nothing better than this.....

Every day is a new day,, and keep yourself busy... Everyone is facing lot of problems but only few people share.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honest Man)

Great advice,,, nothing better than this.....

Every day is a new day,, and keep yourself busy... Everyone is facing lot of problems but only few people share.

ReputationRep:
    Develop your observing ego by stepping outside yourself and seeing who you are during the day. How do you come across to others? Do you like what you see? If you don't, modify your behavior.

ReputationRep:
    You say you believe in God..then start talking with Him in prayer daily...stop causing your mother grief..she will only be happy when you show you are!.. God is waiting for you to repent and ask for His help....be sincere and wait...the results will be amazing! 👼

ReputationRep:
    FIRST OFF worry solves nothing. It will neither change your situation improve it or lessen it so Don't worry be happy, Second we all make foolish decisions in life and yet recognising that and doing something about it is a positive step. University life has challenges but they are not impossible to over come. Talk to your personal tutor /supervisor/chaplain or any listening ear on campus for support. Believe me when I say Adele, Steve Jobs, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton had no father and yet they forged their path. Worry not where you are coming from but be clear where you are heading. Your past is gone and will not define you. Bury it and GROW. I wish you well.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I randomly came across this thread and I am so sorry to hear how you feel. In my opinion you have got yourself in a loop - a beautifully negative loop that offers (at present) no way out of forward. However there is. You are speaking to someone who was where you are and is now more happy than they could ever have imagined. What did I do? I took very little steps everyday. I started to build a new outlook, undo my negative thinking - because that's all it is. All of these blocks, this sadness is negative thinking leading the way. It does not need to be there. That being said it is not something that goes away easyily. First step back from your life , look at it - honestly and openly. Pinpoint what is making you unhappy - it won't be you by the way it will be external factors. Then begin to set your own routine, something you love, a way of life that you enjoy and that drives you forward. For me it was getting up early and taking a ten minute walk - just by my house - just looking and enjoying nature and the world around me - with no judgement just openness. It is whatever works for you. Then over a month add to this routine, maybe read for ten minutes in a day - just for you - something that will help you develop and grow. When we see the world in a negative way it is like bad luck follows us everywhere. When we begin to believe in the law of attraction and positive thought it is amazing how quickly the world can change for us. See the good - don't let it go to waste. Sit and reflect upon what you would love to have in life - what would be your burning desire. Discover it and the rest will follow. I hope you find your way.

ReputationRep:
    i almost feel the same sometimes ijust think about diseappering from this world people think that because you own many things so that equal your hapinness instead it's just not this way that life goes i mean sometimes i just see my situation and keep complaining lot of pressure and the ****ing thing that no one support you or help you you are just alone stuck in this ****ing horrible situation i'm just upset and really sad i just hate my life i'm fat i'm dumb totaly stupid weak no body want me to be his friend but i'm a human i deserve better like any one does some one answer me please

ReputationRep:
    Yoo im not in ur situation or anything but I feel the sameway.

I have a phone laptop and a nice family.
    Still feel crap

You do. You try hard and put effort in.

You grew up with a single Mum and managed to get into uni. Thats great! You should be proud (and I should be dead )
    I know how you feel, I always feel so ungrateful and like I don't deserve a life for feeling down or whatever when I have a life other people can only dream of. But I guess this is what people mean when they say money can't buy happiness (although I can think of a lot of situations where it could make me feel better) like having a phone and a computer etc doesn't mean you have to, or will, be happy. You can be grateful for these things and a nice family but you don't have to be happy or feel good. Just the fact that you realise you feel ungrateful because you have nice things and still feel crap shows you're aware and not just an ungrateful person who takes things for granted. I don't know if any of this is making sense but you do deserve a life, everyone does

Pm if you want to talk or anything because even though after what I wrote I seem like a massive hypocrite, I feel like you seem to feel a lot too and it's not fun :/

ReputationRep:
    Put a poster on your wall that says: life is only a path full of efforts. Stick it near to your bed or adjacent to your bed, so that it might be one of the first things you see when you wake up. It might motivate you.And/or, if you believe in anything, pray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveExo)
    Put a poster on your wall that says: life is only a path full of efforts. Stick it near to your bed or adjacent to your bed, so that it might be one of the first things you see when you wake up. It might motivate you.And/or, if you believe in anything, pray.
    are a kpoper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triy ahmed)
    are a kpoper
    Yeah, totes.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.