Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this sound like a good thing for the college I attend to have? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Does this sound like a good thing for the college I attend to have?
    :yep:
    33.33%
    :nah:
    66.67%

ReputationRep:
    I attend the Cannon Street Hull College site, on a motor vehicle course, and I've noticed in one of the corridors, on one of the notice boards they have a list of the groups for the different courses at the site, and the names of everyone on that course in either the silver, gold or bronze rectangle.

This is for how good one's attendance is, with silver the worst and gold the best.

On my course I'm one of the only ones on the bronze list, (with nobody on the silver list), and many others are on the gold one, despite not turning up in lessons as often as I do, and instead hanging around the smoking shelter at the entrance. :unimpressed:

So do you think this system seems a good idea to have?

ReputationRep:
    what level of attendance is bronze meant to represent? this confused me a little
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    if you're embarrassed to have the bronze then the system works ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    what level of attendance is bronze meant to represent? this confused me a little
    Bronze 50 to 85% attendence, Gold 85% or more.

ReputationRep:
    If they're getting the attendance wrong then theres no point having the system. Its not like everyone would look at their attendance on the board then decide to sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a little pointless when you could just do what my sixth form did and send passive aggressive letters to people who went below a certain level

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't bronze be the worst?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.