Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Both university seems to be fairly good at the subject, so i thought i'd get the people here to help me decide. I have a few knowledge of each unis' pros and cons, still can't decide however.

Main question though is, which uni is more reputable in terms of getting a job and which has better student life?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I'm a student in Portsmouth Uni and my MEng was also in Mechanical Engineering
    I honestly really love it here; the staff are great and caring and the facilities (labs/lecture rooms/buildings/hub) are really state of the art! There is a whole building dedicated in helping you construct the best CV you could possibly have, which also offer mock interviews and volunteering/part-time jobs to really make you stand out from other candidates. Furthermore, there is a placement office which emails me amazing placement opportunities from really great and popular companies and industries (BAE systems, Airbus, Rolls-Royce etc.), some of which are exclusive to Portsmouth Uni. With all that, even though I don't know what the actual statistics are, I can say that some of my BEng companions have graduated and successfully secured a job within their first 6 months
    Lastly, in terms of student life there are so many amazing societies and sports activities that you never quite get bored! Since the university is at the heart of the city you are always within walking distance of the main shopping area and where all the nice pubs/clubs are.
    Anyway, I really hope that helped; all the best!

ReputationRep:
    Portsmouth. More going on re. Engineering. Navy town.

Bournemouth. Known for arts/social care, not tech subjects. Town full of OAPs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.