Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I tell my girlfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    she's told me I'm the best she's been with and she meant it
    This really doesn't count for as much as you think it does.

Don't admit it, it'll make you sound creepy and weird.

it's so strange how you guys have to lie and say you're not virgins whilst muslims have to lie and say they are virgins :laugh:

(Original post by DarthRoar)
    This really doesn't count for as much as you think it does.

Don't admit it, it'll make you sound creepy and weird.
    Oh no I made sure she wasn't lying haha, he was apparently distinctly average in size and use cos he just got his end off and was done.

Creepy how?

ReputationRep:
    Personally i would tell her right after sex. At night, just before u cuddle and go bed. It has to be under those circumstances because thats the period where your closest, like bonding time and u can get away with a lot.

tell her .. its not that big of a deal but she deserves to know .

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCGV26aj-mM

ReputationRep:
    When I got with my girlfriend I was a virgin. We're both 24.
    To save face I made up a couple of stories about I had sex on a beach once on holiday, or with my ex girlfriend.
    I know she's been with 3 others guys before me. Her first actual boyfriend, a friend she knew who was kind of a thing, and then her ex; who she was with for a few years. It's since come to light this ex was not really right for her and seemed to just be with her for the sex, rather than an actual thing like she wanted.
    Me and her seem to be perfect right now, we've been together several months and have planned on moving in together next year after her lease is up.

Do I come out and tell her I was a virgin before her? Or just leave it. Not wanting to brag but she's told me I'm the best she's been with and she meant it, so that performance backs up my lies. Would it ruin my relationship if I came out with it now.

Please help.
    Just tell her you never dipped that wick till you came across her forgiving puss

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, how would you feel if it was the other way round?

I know its different for some reason for men & women, but ask yourself, if she told you she was a virgin after explicitly telling you she wasn't, would you rid of her? I'm guessing not.

In situations like this, you'll find it bring you closer together in my opinion.

There's only one way to find out...

FIG...

Never mind.

Make sure you tell her on a good day.

ReputationRep:
    To save face I made up a couple of stories about I had sex on a beach once on holiday, or with my ex girlfriend.
    I know she's been with 3 others guys before me. Her first actual boyfriend, a friend she knew who was kind of a thing, and then her ex; who she was with for a few years. It's since come to light this ex was not really right for her and seemed to just be with her for the sex, rather than an actual thing like she wanted.
    Me and her seem to be perfect right now, we've been together several months and have planned on moving in together next year after her lease is up.

Do I come out and tell her I was a virgin before her? Or just leave it. Not wanting to brag but she's told me I'm the best she's been with and she meant it, so that performance backs up my lies. Would it ruin my relationship if I came out with it now.

Please help.
    you should tell her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenneye_j)
    Honestly, these TSR relationship threads are just extremely pointless and dumb. Nobody will tell you the truth, so let me tell you: you are wasting your life chasing what people call a "relationship". Nothing you or your girlfriend ever do, while you are completely obsessing over if you should tell the other about dumb things like if you were once a virgin, will be anything meaningful, and more and more people like you are choosing to focus all their energy and time on a pointless arrangement for human contact that will lead you nowhere whatsoever. I don't care what people say in response to this fact, people will say "if we are both happy then we are not wasting our lives", but this just your weak human mind convincing you to stay trapped in a "relationship" for all your life and never accomplish anything - purely for biological reasons.

Point is, drop all this relationship BS, and do something meaningful with your life. When you and many others have a more broader perspective on life, then maybe you will change your life focus and start doing something constructive.

Do something to help many people, not just yourself or your family/friends. Add something new and exceptional to this world. Do something actually meaningful. Or just spend your life going back and forth between pointless arguments and dumb situations/decisions like this one, resulting in absolutely nothing. Within a 100 years you will die - and chances are, you will live to be an elderly person. You will look back over your life and look at what you have actually achieved. Are relationships all you can really afford to care about? Your choice.
    Preach.

ReputationRep:
    i believe if you tell her the truth she will trust you more because you dedicated you virginity for her

Please help.

ReputationRep:

Please help.
    I think you should tell her, personally if my boyfriend did that I wouldn't be too bothered. I might tease him a little bit for lying about it but it wouldn't be a big deal.

I told her guys and she wasn't bothered, but it only came up cos she had lied about her number of ex partners too, she had actually bumped hers up cos she was embarrassed by how low it was. What a messed up relationship hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    I'd not tell her yet see where it goes first if you land up married to her wait until you have had children and save it for then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fhatuwani)
    i believe if you tell her the truth she will trust you more because you dedicated your virginity for her
    Wait until you both marry each other and after you have had children then tell her.

(Original post by Kenneye_j)
    Honestly, these TSR relationship threads are just extremely pointless and dumb. Nobody will tell you the truth, so let me tell you: you are wasting your life chasing what people call a "relationship". Nothing you or your girlfriend ever do, while you are completely obsessing over if you should tell the other about dumb things like if you were once a virgin, will be anything meaningful, and more and more people like you are choosing to focus all their energy and time on a pointless arrangement for human contact that will lead you nowhere whatsoever. I don't care what people say in response to this fact, people will say "if we are both happy then we are not wasting our lives", but this just your weak human mind convincing you to stay trapped in a "relationship" for all your life and never accomplish anything - purely for biological reasons.

Point is, drop all this relationship BS, and do something meaningful with your life. When you and many others have a more broader perspective on life, then maybe you will change your life focus and start doing something constructive.

Do something to help many people, not just yourself or your family/friends. Add something new and exceptional to this world. Do something actually meaningful. Or just spend your life going back and forth between pointless arguments and dumb situations/decisions like this one, resulting in absolutely nothing. Within a 100 years you will die - and chances are, you will live to be an elderly person. You will look back over your life and look at what you have actually achieved. Are relationships all you can really afford to care about? Your choice.
    You're the one wasting time posting a bloody essay on TSR that no one cares about. Fact is, I partially agree with what you say mate, but I don't waste time telling other people what to do. I only bothered with this comment because you were being so aggressive with your opinions. You're not being helpful to this dude and if you don't like these threads just don't look at them. You're the weak mind allowing yourself to be provoked and trying to enforce your perfect life philosophy on other people. If you even believed in what you said you wouldn't be wasting time like this. Plus, tell me what you've 'accomplished' that's so meaningful.

ReputationRep:

Please help.
    to be honest I don't think it really matters, nothing is going to change if you tell her or not. She won't stop loving you because you was a virgin before you got with her..

ReputationRep:
    You're the one wasting time posting a bloody essay on TSR that no one cares about. Fact is, I partially agree with what you say mate, but I don't waste time telling other people what to do. I only bothered with this comment because you were being so aggressive with your opinions. You're not being helpful to this dude and if you don't like these threads just don't look at them. You're the weak mind allowing yourself to be provoked and trying to enforce your perfect life philosophy on other people. If you even believed in what you said you wouldn't be wasting time like this. Plus, tell me what you've 'accomplished' that's so meaningful.
    I can post whatever the heck I want (as long as it's within TSR guidelines) and I honestly couldnt care less if you nor anyone else has a problem with that. What I stated is valid and I don't have to have a reason for posting it. If you don't like that then go away, I don't give a crap if you don't like it. I have already and will continue to express my points whenever I feel like it and morons like you won't ever make a difference.

You're not posting anything valid or constructive, just garbage, so I won't be commenting any further in response to you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    who cares? I mean is it important if she likes you anyway, what do you think will happen if you tell her the truth?

ReputationRep:

Please help.
    You are not lying by omitting that you were a virgin before her and if you are not comfortable sharing that information then it is none of her concern. It is your business and it is not affecting her in any way. It is not like you are hiding an STD.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.