Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I was around 13 when I started wearing make up and that means I was in year 8. I had terrible acne on my face and never really thought i needed make up to cover it because i thought no one would ever insult me for having it.

However, I thought wrong, the society we live in today includes all the negative things you could think of. I was practically verbally abused by not only class mates but family members. It was terrible. I never thought acne was a bad thing, it was just your body changing.

I tried almost everything to do to get rid of my acne so that I could have clear skin again. I also changed my diet. Nothing worked. I thought at least my parents would support me, but no, they too insulted me.

At this point I really didn't know what to do and then i came across full coverage foundation. I knew that it wouldn't fully cover every blemish on my face but it would be better than nothing.

People usually think that I'm wearing make up to look attractive, but instead it was to not get bullied for being who I really am.

Please think before you speak, it could really affect someone's life...

Thank you for reading

(Original post by Morgan10298)
    So I was around 13 when I started wearing make up and that means I was in year 8. I had terrible acne on my face and never really thought i needed make up to cover it because i thought no one would ever insult me for having it.

However, I thought wrong, the society we live in today includes all the negative things you could think of. I was practically verbally abused by not only class mates but family members. It was terrible. I never thought acne was a bad thing, it was just your body changing.

I tried almost everything to do to get rid of my acne so that I could have clear skin again. I also changed my diet. Nothing worked. I thought at least my parents would support me, but no, they too insulted me.

At this point I really didn't know what to do and then i came across full coverage foundation. I knew that it wouldn't fully cover every blemish on my face but it would be better than nothing.

People usually think that I'm wearing make up to look attractive, but instead it was to not get bullied for being who I really am.

Please think before you speak, it could really affect someone's life...

Thank you for reading
    Hi,
    I am similar to you I have always had acne, when I’m stressed I have bad breakouts and during hormonal times. I know you will have had loads of things suggested to you which have all probably annoyed you because you feel like people just don’t understand but I started drinking loads of water and although I still get acne, my spots are gone after a few days instead of staying for more than a week and they don’t look so red and angry.

Just a suggestion as it has really helped me and although I still feel bad about my acne I now feel comfortable enough to wear normal foundation rather than full coverage

You could always try the pill as it is supposed to alter your hormones?

Don’t let others feel bad for covering up your acne, if it makes you feel better about yourself then go for it - there are others in the same boat as you such as myself
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.