Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is my uni room dirty or old? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It feels gross to me but I've been told it's just old.

Spoiler:
    Show

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly your bathroom, unless that's your uni room..

ReputationRep:
    Gross.

ReputationRep:
    At least flush your toilet if you're gonna take a picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyrell221)
    At least flush your toilet if you're gonna take a picture.
    Don't worry, I had only blown my nose.

(Original post by UWS)
    It's mostly your bathroom, unless that's your uni room..
    If I post the main pictures of my actual room that I have it will give away where I am and I don't want to be sued.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doyougohere)

If I post the main pictures of my actual room that I have it will give away where I am and I don't want to be sued.
    Why would you be sued for posting pics of your bedroom online lmao

ReputationRep:

Dude you're not going to be sued. Your bathroom may not be as clean as it is back home but it seems pretty useable.

Overall it's not the best but what were you expecting, a 5* hotel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Why would you be sued for posting pics of your bedroom online lmao
    Unis have reputations, and you never know when something will come back to bite you on the ass when you post it online.

Dude you're not going to be sued. Your bathroom may not be as clean as it is back home but it seems pretty useable.

Overall it's not the best but what were you expecting, a 5* hotel?
    It's a big leap between this and a 5* hotel. I was expecting 4*.

(But seriously, I do think that the rent being charged means we should have a clean room when we move in, especially when the public areas of this university are sparkling)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The toilet company is going to sue you for posting their toilet online then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    The toilet company is going to sue you for posting their toilet online then :rolleyes:
    Unlikely, I haven't called their reputation into question. Only the reputation of the institution.

ReputationRep:
    Unis have reputations, and you never know when something will come back to bite you on the ass when you post it online.
    To be sued you need to have potentially broken a law, not just damaged somebody's reputation by none-deceptive means.

ReputationRep:
    do you live in your bathroom ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanbruce)
    do you live in your bathroom ?
    No, but I do celebrate several important occasions in there every day.

I feel like it's as much a part of my room as the rest of my room because it's en-suite. It's, like, always there. Especially when I pee or shower.

ReputationRep:

It's a big leap between this and a 5* hotel. I was expecting 4*.

(But seriously, I do think that the rent being charged means we should have a clean room when we move in, especially when the public areas of this university are sparkling)
    4* is pretty plush. It's not great to look at but I don't think it's dirty. It's just old. It's also pretty easy and inexpensive to clean by yourself if it's bothering you that much.

See what other rooms are like, if they're all the same then all you can do is clean it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    It’s old and dirty
    You can give it a good scrub ( ask your mum) but ask uni to replace things that are broken. They’re unlikely to modernise it though.
    I would have thought a good clean would be the first thing you’d do anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    To be sued you need to have potentially broken a law, not just damaged somebody's reputation by none-deceptive means.
    Okay then, I'll tone it down. I don't want the place where I'm supposed to be living for the next 3 years to see this. I've complained to them personally, but I'd rather their identifiable rooms not go viral on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    4* is pretty plush. It's not great to look at but I don't think it's dirty. It's just old. It's also pretty easy and inexpensive to clean by yourself if it's bothering you that much.

See what other rooms are like, if they're all the same then all you can do is clean it yourself.
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    It’s old and dirty
    You can give it a good scrub ( ask your mum) but ask uni to replace things that are broken. They’re unlikely to modernise it though.
    I would have thought a good clean would be the first thing you’d do anyway
    I've given it a surface clean, but I need to get something tough to get the black stuff off (no idea if it's black mould/mildew/effects of hard water). We have cleaners every week so what worries me is how long it's been kept like this.

ReputationRep:

I feel like it's as much a part of my room as the rest of my room because it's en-suite. It's, like, always there. Especially when I pee or shower.
    ahahahahahahahaha

ReputationRep:

what uni do you go to by the way if you dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanbruce)
    what uni do you go to by the way if you dont mind me asking
    One that should know better.

(I don't want to end up in the Daily Mail - sorry)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.