The Student Room Group

Best alcohol that tastes good?

I find that spirits taste like cold medicine / nail varnish. Beer also tastes gross and I can't drink enough cider to get me drunk. Does anyone have recommendations for alcohol that tastes delicious (basically you can't taste the alcohol) but can get you drunk quickly?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Amaretto.
Reply 2
Cocktails, especially Cosmopolitans
Peach schnapps
Amaretto
Midori
vodka (or other spirits) and juice/coke/lemonade mixed
Vodka/Whiskey with any fizzy drinks (obviously only certain combos work)

You can just search simple cocktails on google and you'll find lots of combos
Original post by Profesh
Amaretto.

Thats sickly sweet.

Gin is good. Especially Gin and tonic. Tastes like water almost when you have the really watered down gin and tonics from bars lol.

Also this is realllllllllllllllllllly nice. I used to have this with crushed ice and it tastes just like a slush puppy. It's like you're getting f*cked drinking a kids drink lmao.

(edited 6 years ago)
Just neck a glass of vodka right before you go out and you'll be off your tits already and can drink juice and cola all night :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
I find that spirits taste like cold medicine / nail varnish. Beer also tastes gross and I can't drink enough cider to get me drunk. Does anyone have recommendations for alcohol that tastes delicious (basically you can't taste the alcohol) but can get you drunk quickly?

Alcohol does taste weird and I’m afraid to an extent it just takes a bit of getting used to. You might want to try wine with lemonade to sweeten it, and shots of sweet liqueurs like peach schnapps and Malibu. If you can drink them over ice or even with a mixer they’ll be stronger than cider. To be honest shots might be better anyway because you only taste them for a few seconds. If you don’t breathe until a few seconds after you’ve swallowed it you won’t taste it as much, and then you can chase it with some cider to get the taste out of your mouth. You can also find stronger ciders at 8%-ish such as Weston’s.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Just neck a glass of vodka right before you go out and you'll be off your tits already and can drink juice and cola all night :biggrin:

thats what I always did lol.
(edited 6 years ago)
sambuca LOVVVVVE this
If you don't like the taste just have Vodka with (insert fizzy, soft drink here, eg lemonade, coke, red bull)
Vokda Lemonade, Vodka blackcurrent lemonade, Vodka fresh orange, vodka cranberry.. etc etc.

Or go down the Kopparberg route.
Reply 12
Why is this in relationships? :rofl:

Pina Colada is nice, it has rum in it but you can't really taste it because of the coconut and pineapple.
Original post by ChickenMadness
thats what I always did lol.

Was standard when I was at college and didn't have much money. Grab a bottle of Tesco Value vodka on the way home on Friday, neck half the bottle just before I go out and then I'm on J20s the whole night :biggrin: Took 10-15 minutes until I started feeling it as well so I'd get on the bus to town totally sober and get off of it totally off my nut :rofl:
Was standard when I was at college and didn't have much money. Grab a bottle of Tesco Value vodka on the way home on Friday, neck half the bottle just before I go out and then I'm on J20s the whole night :biggrin: Took 10-15 minutes until I started feeling it as well so I'd get on the bus to town totally sober and get off of it totally off my nut :rofl:

I always liked that warm feeling that travels down your throat to your stomach and then back up your body to your head as soon as you take a gulp of something really strong lol. There was a polish shop next to my uni house that sold up to 70% absinthe that I used to drink before partying sometimes.

You don't have to piss every 15 mins like everyone else that's drinking beer as well lol.
Ciroc.
Reply 16
Procesco
Original post by ChickenMadness
I always liked that warm feeling that travels down your throat to your stomach and then back up your body to your head as soon as you take a gulp of something really strong lol. There was a polish shop next to my uni house that sold up to 70% absinthe that I used to drink before partying sometimes.

You don't have to piss every 15 mins like everyone else that's drinking beer as well lol.

IKR :biggrin: The sensation on that first sip is so nice :h: I used to love a beer as well but they don't taste so good and they're pricey at a pub or club. If I was ever gonna drink beer it would always be at home.

This is the best route imo, mix a drink into the vodka too if you really hate the taste then ciders or whatever the rest of the night
Original post by Kravence
This is the best route imo, mix a drink into the vodka too if you really hate the taste then ciders or whatever the rest of the night

Thing about that is, if it's a large quantity of vodka it's still gonna taste horrible unless you put in like 2 pints of juice if you don't like the taste :lol: I just used to fill up a mug, chugg it as quick as possible and it's gone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending