Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I got a low UKCAT score of Avg: 615 Band 1 (average for the year is 635). My GCSES: 6A* 5A 3B (I took 2 GCSE retakes, before retake: 5A* 5A 4B) . I also got a C in AS maths but I'm retaking some modules. I want to apply to Imperial for sure. The others I'm not sure.
    I was thinking that St George's might be an option but I heard that they usually have a bit of a higher cut off (around the average).
    Cardiff is a nice choice, but I heard that they usually ask 8A*s (don't know if that's true).

I really want to go to London but I realise that's hard now. Cardiff I'm happy to go to but like I said GCSES.

Someone help I'm so confused😭

You could consider Bristol or Keele with a good personal statement. Liverpool is also another choice, also needing a good personal statement. Perhaps consider applying to more BMAT universities.

Here are my scores. Not disappointed nor happy about them either. I just want to know what my options are as it is my second time applying and I don't want to mess up again. Gap year is going great by the way.

GCSE: 2A* (One being short-course) 9A 1D (French LMAO)
    Alevel: AAA (Achieved) Bio, Chem, Maths
    VR - 470 (Messed me up)
    DM - 640
    QR - 830
    AR - 680
    SJ - Band 2
    Overall = 2620 / Average = 655 L's

**My personal statement is also quite strong I think.**
    Applied to: Liverpool, Bristol and Leeds (bmat) so far. Don't know what final uni to pick! help.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.