Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A friend was meant to do his UKCAT last week, but during the exam he had a seizure and got took to A&E and initially they said he could retake now he can not. WHAT SHOULD HE DO NOW. can any medical school consider his application and what is the most appropriate university.

GCSE RESULTS:
    4A 5B

A Level prediction
    A,A*,A - bio,chem, maths

ReputationRep:
    Try contacting universities about mitigating circumstances to do with ukcat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie7)
    A friend was meant to do his UKCAT last week, but during the exam he had a seizure and got took to A&E and initially they said he could retake now he can not. WHAT SHOULD HE DO NOW. can any medical school consider his application and what is the most appropriate university.

GCSE RESULTS:
    4A 5B

A Level prediction
    A,A*,A - bio,chem, maths
    Bmat?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    He said most of the BMAT university require high gcse grades e.g oxford, cambridge etc.

Are there any recommend medical schools which will consider him with his GCSE 's and the fact he had a mitigating circumstance

ReputationRep:
    Yes. He needs to A call the unis and ask about their procedure( I have called each of the uni's I'm applying to dozens of times with questions, it should be easy to reach the admissions team) , and B speak to his school/college to support him when adding it to his application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pfdavina)
    Yes. He needs to A call the unis and ask about their procedure( I have called each of the uni's I'm applying to dozens of times with questions, it should be easy to reach the admissions team) , and B speak to his school/college to support him when adding it to his application.
    thank you, i shall tell him that

ReputationRep:
    He said most of the BMAT university require high gcse grades e.g oxford, cambridge etc.

Are there any recommend medical schools which will consider him with his GCSE 's and the fact he had a mitigating circumstance
    I don't think UCL care about gcses, plus there's brighton etc.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Worse case scenario apply next year with results in hand.

ReputationRep:
    Ask your friend to contact each university he wants to apply to individually (to enquire if they allow mitigating circumstances, explore the options available to him etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_R)
    Ask your friend to contact each university he wants to apply to individually (to enquire if they allow mitigating circumstances, explore the options available to him etc).

Thanks, that's what i told him

ReputationRep:

his predictions are pretty good for ucl or imperial, but how did he do in his ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    his predictions are pretty good for ucl or imperial, but how did he do in his ukcat?
    His results could not be pubished since they cancelled the test but he did get VR=680 and DM= 710 before he had his seizure and needed to go to A&E

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.