Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I was to do higher tier, I am only at the start of year ten but I got put down a week later into the foundation tier after requesting to be moved down a class. I want to change from foundation to higher tier is that possible or am I too late?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    nope your not too late but let your teachers know asap before you do mock exams so they put you down for higher

ReputationRep:
    It's only too late when you've actually been entered for your GCSE's, technically. However, to be learning the right standard you will really want to be in the right class ASAP. talk to your head of department or teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beheshta)
    nope your not too late but let your teachers know asap before you do mock exams so they put you down for higher
    That's not really necessary. I did foundation and about 3 months till my Maths exams I got changed to Higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JT114455)
    That's not really necessary. I did foundation and about 3 months till my Maths exams I got changed to Higher.
    yes but it helps to have more practise doing higher papers (e.g. during mocks) is my point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beheshta)
    yes but it helps to have more practise doing higher papers (e.g. during mocks) is my point
    And I agree, but there is plenty of time to revise doing past papers for Higher tier during your exam leave.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone thanks so much for the information. I am actually learning the higher tier work online and at home. I need to move up a few classes to be doing the higher tier exam. Does anyone know any good maths websites?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, it's not too late. On the day of our Maths GCSE exams, people could still change be tier, however it'd cost the school money, as they had to purchase more higher tier/foundation tier papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JT114455)
    what did u get for ur maths gcse? Were 3 months enough to prepare for the higher paper? Or did u prioritise maths over the rest of ur subjects?

ReputationRep:
    My son he is doing science Foundation year 11 can he do higher gcse exam he his really good in science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rodi1234)
    My son he is doing science Foundation year 11 can he do higher gcse exam he his really good in science
    I have the same problem yet I am in year ten ask his head of learning to be moved to the higher tier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snickerdoodle02)
    what did u get for ur maths gcse? Were 3 months enough to prepare for the higher paper? Or did u prioritise maths over the rest of ur subjects?
    Sorry for the late reply, haven’t been on this account in ages. I got a 5 in the end. Three months were fine as long as you understand the topics and have plenty of time to practice. I mainly prioritised Maths, English and the Sciences.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 13, 2018

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.