Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am stuggling to find some large animal practices in west lancashire/mersyide. Help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASHWHS)
    I am stuggling to find some large animal practices in west lancashire/mersyide. Help?
    Have you googled/looked in yellow pages/searched yell for your local vets? Then see if they're mixed practice/large animal. Just email/ring as many as you can and at least one of them should hopefully reply
    Alternatively, have you had any dairy/lambing/pig placements yet? Ask the farm who they use - I found a brilliant large animal vet this way. Unfortunately I'm not anywhere near you.

The one problem I faced is that many large animal practices I contacted wanted you to have a full drivers licence and your own car so that you could drive yourself to where the vet was, rather than staying with them - don't know if this would be a problem for you? But something to bear in mind.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    There are lots!! Literally get a list of all dairy farmers in your area, from he yellow pages and email them all, they won't mind, they might say no but they expect and are used to vet med student asking, unfortunately I am in Scotland or else I would give you a list of my contacts but if you feel like coming all the way up for a week or two of work experience then let me know and I'll give you all my contacts.

Have you had any lambing work? Literally look up NSA (national sheep association) and every year round about this time they put up a list of farmers in all areas looking for help, you don't have to have any previous experience and in some cases they allow you to stay over, private message me if you want any more help

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.